Happy Halloween

Wow, we set a new record at our house for numbers of kids we gave candy too.

142!! :blink::blink::blink:

I kid you not, and we would have had more (probably 20-30 more) - if it weren't for the fact we ran completely out of candy around 8pm, and had to close up shop (turn out all the lights on the first floor, no porch light, etc...).

Our neighborhood has a fair number of kids -- but I think we're also getting LOTS of kids from neighboring neighborhoods (and even some neighborhoods a good mile or two or three away), that are a little less kid-friendly. For instance, I know we had about 25% African American kids stop by tonight, and probably 30% Hispanic ---- where our neighborhood is only about 5% African American, and 10% Hispanic.

But it's all good -- most of the kids were dressed up cute :rlol -- and nearly all of them were appropriate ages for trick-or-treating (probably 12 and under). We usually close up shop by 8:15pm or shortly there after, cuz when it gets that late - it's usually just teenagers who aren't really dressed up at all - or have a cheap mask on - at the very most.

Lots of Ninjas this year - probably close to 20.

This is somewhat off topic, but did anyone read or hear about the lady who hung herself in a tree (in Texas I think...where else?) on a neighborhood street last week? She hung unreported for 3 or 4 days, because neighbors and passerbys thought that she was actually a part of a halloween yard display, and not a real body.

Scary!

In 1974 one of my roommates was a first year dental student. For Halloween he brought home a cadaver's skull that they used in school, and he put it out on the doorstep.

Not a single kid blinked. I figure they all thought it was a fake. I thought it was pretty ghoulish!

edit for typos

Edited by GA Russell

We only had about 3 or 4 kids last night, but we were out with our own girls for much of the night. Still, our neighborhood is heavily gay, with not a lot of kids (though it is moving in that direction). The street next to ours made a concerted effort this year to "bring Halloween back to the neighborhood," so we headed over there, but even so, after two hours of trick-or-treating, we still only came across another half dozen kids. It was fun, though, as the people (in the houses) were really grateful that anyone at all stopped by.

My sister, meanwhile, in her flatland suburbia, reported 300 kids last night!

This is somewhat off topic, but did anyone read or hear about the lady who hung herself in a tree (in Texas I think...where else?) on a neighborhood street last week? She hung unreported for 3 or 4 days, because neighbors and passerbys thought that she was actually a part of a halloween yard display, and not a real body.

Scary!

Unbelievable !

Scary!

As resident English teacher, I feel obligated to point out that pictures are *hung*. People are *hanged*.