Saturday, October 14 | 8pm

Philadelphia Four

with

Dave Burrell, piano

Reggie Workman, double-bass

Rashied Ali, drums

Muhammad Ali, drums

World Premiere :tup:tup:tup

Is this part of the Ars Nova series at International House? Rumor has it that the series this year includes CT and DSW as well.

Yes, the show is being co-presented w/ the I-House. Where did you hear the rumor about CT???

Cassius Clay poundin the skins?? :blink:

Dude, the thread title is "Philadelphia concerts," not "Corpus Christi concerts." :P

LOL - A "Corpus Christi concert" thread would be EXTREMELY short. That's why I troll the Austin/Dallas concert thread :P

Actually, I have to drive to Austin for any jazz fixes anyway. Maybe I need to start coming up to Philly for your shows, y'all have some good ones!

http://www.philadelphiamusicproject.org/grantees.html

(scroll down)

International House Philadelphia

Seraphic Light

Grant amount: $30,000

Grant period: 2006-2007

International House Philadelphia will present Seraphic Light, a year-long celebration honoring the oeuvre and 80 th birthday of John Coltrane. This series seeks to commemorate and continue Coltrane’s legacy through unique performances with Coltrane’s former bandmates as well as those who continue to explore and celebrate the boundaries of jazz. Guest Artists will include Rova Orkestra: Ascension, with the Rova Saxophone Quartet; Spiritual Unity with Marc Ribot; the David S. Ware Quartet; Cecil Taylor; and the Dave Burrell Ensemble.

:excited::excited::excited:

Cassius Clay poundin the skins?? :blink:

Dude, the thread title is "Philadelphia concerts," not "Corpus Christi concerts." :P

LOL - A "Corpus Christi concert" thread would be EXTREMELY short. That's why I troll the Austin/Dallas concert thread :P

Actually, I have to drive to Austin for any jazz fixes anyway. Maybe I need to start coming up to Philly for your shows, y'all have some good ones!

Come on up, Erik! :tup

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

David S. Ware update.....

Saturday, January 27 | 8pm

David S. Ware Unit

with

David S. Ware, tenor saxophone

Mat Maneri, violin/viola

Keith Witty , double-bass

Whit Dickey, drums

Co-presented with:

International House Philadelphia

3701 Chestnut Street

Thursday, October 12th, Tritone, 1508 South Street:

ORGANISSIMO

Stay tuned--more October Philly dates to follow (hopefully :rolleyes: ).

Sweet, Tritone is only 2 blocks from my house :):):)

Directly across the street is Bob & Barbara's Lounge. Home of Nate Wiley and the Crowd Pleasers. Damn! There's gonna be a battle of the Hammond organs on South Street!! :excited:

Article on Nate....

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/032698/cover.shtml

Thursday, October 12th, Tritone, 1508 South Street:

ORGANISSIMO

Stay tuned--more October Philly dates to follow (hopefully :rolleyes: ).

Sweet, Tritone is only 2 blocks from my house :):):)

Directly across the street is Bob & Barbara's Lounge. Home of Nate Wiley and the Crowd Pleasers. Damn! There's gonna be a battle of the Hammond organs on South Street!! :excited:

Article on Nate....

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/032698/cover.shtml

Yeah, I had originally called B&B's about the boys, but was informed that Nate owns the joint (figuratively), and was referred to their sister club, Tritone. Who knows? Maybe we can get some serious jammin' goin' on October 12th. :tup

• 3 weeks later...

From an article in yesterday's City Paper.....

It's official: Despite that it's the pre-eminent classic pre-NoLibs jazz pseudo juke joint, Ortlieb's did not sell for a cool million to three guys named Moe. Nope. Kevin Mayberry, Andre Myketey and Deependra "Deep" Logani are the three guys who'll take control of Ortlieb's Jazzhaus in September, while working closely with owner Pete Souders, said a source very near to the jazz joint. Apparently, they'll keep the old-head players, add new blood, snag national acts and "do something" with that messed-up powder-blue hut out front.

Hmm.....

I just got off the phone with Pete Souders--been talking with him for months about a possible organissimo date in October. He just told me about the sale, but said he'll still be involved with booking.

October won't work for organissimo, but Pete's very interested in Thursday, 1/18/07, the night before the Art After Five appearance. More on that in November.

But meanwhile, I just confirmed:

Wedenesday, October 11, 2006--organissimo at Chris' Jazz Cafe!!!!

And there's still Thursday, October 12th, at Tritone. So 2 nights in a row of The Boys in October! (And possibly more--I'm still working on it.)