BLUE NOTE [FORGETS] ORGANISSIMO BOARD

JSngry

http://www.bluenote.com/bulletinboard/ubb-...i?ubb=get_daily

They should know we're here, after all the stuff that went down when they closed down their board. Most of us came here from there.

The Organissimo Board is worthy of broader recognition. This is a quality board, and in many ways the most informative and stimulating one out there.

HEY BLUE NOTE - LET PEOPLE KNOW WE'RE WE'RE HERE!!!!

Edited by JSngry

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't agree more. The stupidity that Blue Note keeps showing is amazing -- just when you think they can't get any worse, they do some completely dumbass thing like this. I truly believe that in their minds, it's the corporate leaders that make Blue Note special, not the artists.

Edited by Matthew

I'm going to play devils advocate.They might possibly not be aware of this boards existence though I do find that hard to believe. Why would they slight us is it because of that Larry Young brouhaha? What they could be guilty of is not doing their homework or they could be guilty of some incredibly stupid high school shit. At any rate every time I log on it seems like organissimo is adding on new members and having new unknown parties checking out the site. So what I'm saying is let's worry about our own buisness and let Blue Note stew in their own juices.

The Blue Note Records Bulletin Board is currently closed.

While the Blue Note Bulletin Board is closed, have a visit to the All About Jazz Forum or to the JazzCorner.com Speakeasy Forum for your Bulletin Board & Discussion Group enjoyment.

http://www.bluenote.com/bulletinboard/ubb-...i?ubb=get_daily

I'm not so sure the omission of this board is deliberate. Organissimo may be the most active jazz board today, but it is a rather closed circle and not easy to find for someone who does not read jazz forums regularly (the Blue Note staff didn't even visit their own board regularly).

AAJ is the biggest jazz portal, and Jazz Corner has a longer tradition, so these two forums were obvious choices. Organissimo is a much less known site that people find through links on other boards or through personal contacts. It wouldn't surprise me if Tomatbluenote doesn't know Organissimo exists. If Blue Note was really interested in knowing what jazz fans are discussing they would not have closed their own board, or reopened it very soon. It takes a couple of days to install a new board software or to reorganize a forum.

Edited by Claude

I'm not so sure the omission of this board is deliberate. Organissimo may be the most active jazz board today, but it is a rather closed circle and not easy to find for someone who does not read jazz forums regularly (the Blue Note staff didn't even visit their own board regularly).

AAJ is the biggest jazz portal, and Jazz Corner has a longer tradition, so these two forums were obvious choices. Organissimo is a much lesser known site that people find through links on other boards or through personal contacts. It wouldn't surprise me if Tomatbluenote doesn't know Organissimo exists.

Quite possibly so Claude (& Chris), so let them know we're here! We have the potential to hype their better product (or shoot down their crap) better than either of those other two boards. If they don't know that, they need to.

This board may indeed be a "baby", but babies grow up, dig?

Email sent to Blue Note:

I see you have included a link to a couple of jazz boards now that the Blue Note Board is closed. There's a great jazz board at organissimo.org that is very active. There lots of discussion of Blue Note and Mosaic releases and Blue Note Artists. It is, in fact, where most of the more active participants of the now defunct Blue Note Board discuss jazz.

Please consider adding a link to this board in your current board message. It's organissimo.org.

Thanks

Ed Swinnich

Hey, they didn't include the bagatellen site either. Who really gives a fuck? We are so much more advanced at this point, I don't think any of us could go back to such a simple form of communication. :rolleyes:

Of course I'm kidding. I'm sure this was an oversight and not intentional. What's the big deal anyway?

Please, Ed, post whatever response you get.

Same for anybody else too.

I'm not holding my breath as far as a response goes. I've never gotten one in the past, but hey - you never know. I'll post if I get a response.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

Guest Chaney

Very nice post Ed.

While it may not hurt for us (en masse) to request a link, it might be best if the request comes from a board administrator, IF b3-er and crew so decide. It is their board, after all.

Let's NOT beg, though.

This board seems to be doing quite well without the help of the suits at Blue Note.

And really, what's the chance that BN would want to once again rub shoulders with the likes of us? Isn't it obvios that we've become an embarrassment?

(excuse me) Fuck 'em. Or as BN would have it: **** 'em.

What's the big deal anyway?

I'm still naive enough to think that music, jazz music in particular, is still at some level for people to share and enjoy on a personal level, and is not just a commodity to be bought and sold like pork bellies or some such. Blue Note fostered a commumity for a while that kept that notion alive. I for one would like to see them at least acknowledge the existence of a community that still believes in that notion.

My opinion is that Blue Note can't really hurt us over here at Organissimo. We shouldn't care what they do. People will eventually find us over here and join whenver they want. No big deal. Let's have a steady but sustainable growth rather than a tidal wave of greenbies who might disturb the chemistry.

I sent them a message as well. I think they are shortchanging jazz fans if they recommend those other two boards and not this one. They are inviting others to visit secondbest sites, when this one is right here, clearly a better home for jazz fans. (Oh, of course that's just my personal opinion, but I mean it strongly!)

Well this proves once and for all that Michael Cuscuna is not at all involved with that board (not that I ever suspected as much). Michael would never send people to Jazz Corner. Nope.

I think there is some major over-reaction here. We know this place is here and we know it's made up of mostly old Blue Note board members but why on earth should Blue Note know this? It's not like "organissimo.org" has "Jazz" in the URL guys! Give them that break at least.

In a way, I'm glad they left this place off their "list". I really wouldn't want to see more Norah Jones fans like musicboy show up over here.

Later,

Kevin