BLUE NOTE [FORGETS] ORGANISSIMO BOARD

JSngry

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good point Kevin.If we had more yahoos show up like Musicboy it might become a full time job chewing them up and spitting them out.

Yes, but the Fist of Doom has been waiting patiently! So far things have been pretty tame! :)

Not that I'm encouraging anything...

I figure it's just a matter of us being slightly off the radar. The best way to bring in more people is to tell your friends... write your favorite magazine... put a link on your website.

I like things around here. Sure, acknowledgement from BN would be nice, but we can live without it...

It's a funny thing ... when I drop by my fave internet "bar" and find a thread like this going bananas, my heart definitely does a modest little leap of joy at the thought of outrage, controversey, juicy gossip, conspiracy theories, multiple laughs, scandal in the family etc etc.

So from that point of view, I couldn't care less what the BN folkeses do! :lol:

Wow. I see that evil has spread like a cancer to the very heart of society. I never realised how the warped minds of those corporate dudes worked until I got the internet (yeah and I only got that after Michael Moore told me about the global conspiracy to prevent internet free speech). Well, that does it, not only will I boycott Blue Note, I am gonna smash up all the BN records I already own (could take some time see you guys later).

not only will I boycott Blue Note, I am gonna smash up all the BN records I already own (could take some time see you guys later).

The AllStar Game's at the "new" Comiskey (sorry, can't call it "U.S. Cellular Field". Not now. Not ever.) this year, so howzabouta "RVG DEMOLITON NIGHT"?

Veeck1.jpg

The AllStar Game's at the "new" Comiskey (sorry, can't call it "U.S. Cellular Field". Not now. Not ever.) this year, so howzabouta "RVG DEMOLITON NIGHT"?

LOL!!

I think there are still chunks of vinyl embedded in buildings throughout the surrounding neighborhood. Just one suggestion: In order for this to be a complete success, we must have it coincide with "10-CENT BEER NIGHT"! :lol:

Edited by Jim Dye

Ok, folks, we got some SERIOUS misinterpretation going on here, and guess it's my fault. So Jackie McLean, kick my ass.

The purpose of this thread was to try and get the Organissimo Board some play, some profile, some linkage. Nothing more. Apparently, BN still gets enough hits on their BB page that they felt compelled to offer two options for redirecting interested viewers. As somebody who thinks that this is at least as fine a board as the ones offered by the BN page, I think that a link here would be appropriate, as well as beneficial to the cats who run it.

So I played "the agitator". Some of you got the hint and sent a note to BN, which was the object of the game. Like chicken soup, it can't hurt anything, can it?

Some of you took it WAAAAY too seriously one way or the other. We've been through this before - BN IS a corporate entity now, has been, probably will be for QUITE some time. Life goes on. And like any corprate entity, you gotta get what you can out of them when you can get it, and that includes a chance for increased traffic to a VERY good site - the Organissimo Board.

If I'd have said it like that straight from the gate, would ANYBODY have sent a note to BN? Nah - we're jazz fans, we LIKE being alone with ourselves! ;)

Forget about the "old" Blue Note (the board and the label alike), and focus on the "now", which is building THIS board into a quality jazz cybercommunity with a broader visibility so it can attract people that we can brainwas...er... ENLIGHTEN into the delights of the vast, bottomless, reservoir of jazz, past, present, and, hopefully, future. One thing this community has ALWAYS been good at, here and on Board Krypton, has been turning newbies on to a big variety of quality sounds that defies easy pigeonholing. THAT'S what has to be done to keep the music alive for the future, and the broader exposure we have in cyberspace, the better chance we have of doing that. We're on a mission from God, Jake. :g:g:g

Ok, game over. Looks like I miscalcumalated a bit (but DAMN do I know who to play poker against now! :D ). Unless anybody seriously objects, this thread will self-destruct in 12 hours or less.

Sorry Chris, but archive ASAP. I figure it'll be at least a day or two before anybody from Krypton checks out the suggestions, if they even do (yeah, uh....), but if/when they do, "Bite Me, Corporate Pig-Dogs" is probably not too high on the list of things they''ll enjoy seeing. ;)

Edited by JSngry