Cecil Taylor - 2 Ts for A Lovely T

I was in HMV Oxford Street today (trying to "drown my sorrows" after a crappy job interview :( ) and noticed that they have a copy of 2 Ts for A Lovely T. It's £145, which for 10cds I thought was a tad pricy!

I've had a look online and searched the board but there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of info on the set.

Can anyone tell me anymore? It seems to have been limited but I don't know how limited. Is it still in print? And most importantly is it any good??

What everyone said above, and you might want to check out these threads on Jazz Corner, from when we were anxiously awaiting the set.

Can't seem to make the link work. Here's the individual threads:

READ THEM IN ORDER. Helps build the suspense. ^_^

Edited by Chaney

I was in HMV Oxford Street today (trying to "drown my sorrows" after a crappy job interview :( ) and noticed that they have a copy of 2 Ts for A Lovely T. It's £145, which for 10cds I thought was a tad pricy!

I've had a look online and searched the board but there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of info on the set.

Can anyone tell me anymore? It seems to have been limited but I don't know how limited. Is it still in print? And most importantly is it any good??

Not knowing your tastes, I can't say whether you'll like it.

The fact that you actually saw a copy is a big step forward.

very limited and most unlikely that it'll be reprinted.

Being in the UK, you may want to contact:

Townsend Records

Customer Service

30 Queen St

Great Harwood

Lancashire

BB6 7QQ

They had a copy a while back for £96.

Don't know how far this is away from you,

but you can call to see if they have it for cheaper

than what you saw it.

If you have something better than dial-up

for your computer connection, then PM me.

Edited by rostasi

The set is expensive, the booklet is brief and doesn't add anything to the set, and some of the playing times of the discs are pretty short. Still, this set is a must have if you are a Taylor fan. One might think that 10 CDs of Taylor/Oxley/Parker might be overkill, but no, it is all good. The textures and territories explored over the week were varied and quite interesting. I like the mix too, as you can hear everyone clearly. The music has a delicate nature to it in many places. Yep, go ahead and buy it--you will not regret it.

I'm not sure what the exchange rate would be if you bought a copy from the US, but I picked one up from the following website last year:

http://www.ear-rational.com/index.php?sear...rm=cecil+taylor

They had to special order it, but that only took about 10 days. I'm not sure if they still do it, but when I ordered mine they gave me 10% off the list price because it was my first order with them. It looks like they have it for $207.50. JazzLoft has it too, but they are selling it for $224.99.

If anybody in the Paris area is curious about this set and has some extra cash, I noticed in the FNAC on the rue de Rennes the other day that there are 2 sets sitting in the jazz department. They were 100 euros +, but I don't remember the exact price tag. If anybody wants to give me about 100 euros, I would be all over this one.