Happy Birthday DTMX

Quincy

Wow, thanks!

I had forgotten it was my birthday - if you guys hadn't said something, it might have slipped by me completely (seems to have slipped my parent's minds :huh: ). Thanks for starting the thread, Berigan.

I got all my birthday wishes granted last week - got a job, won my court case, and won a free liter of Coke. I won the court case (asshole hit my car, blamed me) because the *victim* didn't show up for court and I got the job because they offered me a really low salary and I jumped on it like Oprah on a baked ham. The free Coke is because I found a winning bottle cap.

No live jazz for me this week, not until I get some disposable income piled up. But if I did, I'd go to the best place in Atlanta for jazz: Churchill Grounds, next to the Fox Theater at the corner of Peachtree and Ponce. I'll make do with Jazz Kat's CD by his band Maiden Voyage - it is some serious shizzit, I kid you not. I need to post a review of it :tup .

Love the cake, maren - jpg cake is about the only kind of cake I can let myself have these days. Gotta fast for the upcoming eating season. Or for my health, whatever.

Thanks again everybody!

Edited by DTMX

Wow, thanks!

I had forgotten it was my birthday - if you guys hadn't said something, it might have slipped by me completely (seems to have slipped my parent's minds :huh: ). Thanks for starting the thread, Berigan.

I got all my birthday wishes granted last week - got a job, won my court case, and won a free liter of Coke. I won the court case (asshole hit my car, blamed me) because the *victim* didn't show up for court and I got the job because they offered me a really low salary and I jumped on it like Oprah on a baked ham. The free Coke is because I found a winning bottle cap.

No live jazz for me this week, not until I get some disposable income piled up. But if I did, I'd go to the best place in Atlanta for jazz: Churchill Grounds, next to the Fox Theater at the corner of Peachtree and Ponce. I'll make do with Jazz Kat's CD by his band Maiden Voyage - it is some serious shizzit, I kid you not. I need to post a review of it :tup .

Love the cake, maren - jpg cake is about the only kind of cake I can let myself have these days. Gotta fast for the upcoming eating season. Or for my health, whatever.

Thanks again everybody!

DTMX, congrats on the job! Are you now Suchita Vadlamani's personal masseuse? :cool: Also, many thanks for giving me credit for a thread I didn't start! Quincy's from Missiouri and is a Cardinal fan, as am I , both of our handles have 6 letters in them, so I can see why you may have confused us! ^_^

Churchill Grounds eh? Better than the very tired ol' jazzmen at Dante's? I'll have to check it out someday!

:tup

Quincy's from Missiouri and is a Cardinal fan, as am I , both of our handles have 6 letters in them, so I can see why you may have confused us! ^_^

I say, I say, I say son, I may be from Cardinal country but I'm from the Land of Lincoln. (The town is my handle) Not important to anyone else, but when you grow up on the right side of the Mississippi you just gotta say so. ;)

Quincy's from Missiouri and is a Cardinal fan, as am I , both of our handles have 6 letters in them, so I can see why you may have confused us! ^_^

I say, I say, I say son, I may be from Cardinal country but I'm from the Land of Lincoln. (The town is my handle) Not important to anyone else, but when you grow up on the right side of the Mississippi you just gotta say so. ;)

Well if you are looking at a map of the U.S. you grew up on the right side, but otherwise.... :P

Of course, you could have also pointed out that your handle has 6 letters, and mine really has 7(I blame putting an 's on Quincy :wacko: )

Quincy, Illinois! Oh, that rings a distant bell(Haven't lived in Stl. in 22 years) How far is it from St. Louis?

Sorry Quincy! :( When I was writing my reply, I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and saw Berigan's post; not remembering that only the last 10 posts are shown I thought B was the orginator (especially since his entry was so early in the morning - you guys must be night owls or insomniacs). It's this attention to detail that will serve me well as a technical support reprethingy at my new job. Oh, to be back in the arms of a cold and indifferent corporation...

milton_strokes.jpg

I really love the camaraderie and goodwill of the members of Organissimo.org. If this site were a bar in Boston, I'd be Norm Peterson - and I'd never leave.

Thanks again, everyone!

4328norm1.jpg

Well if you are looking at a map of the U.S. you grew up on the right side, but otherwise.... :P

Of course, you could have also pointed out that your handle has 6 letters, and mine really has 7(I blame putting an 's on Quincy :wacko: )

Quincy, Illinois! Oh, that rings a distant bell(Haven't lived in Stl. in 22 years) How far is it from St. Louis?

It's 120 miles north. Probably best known (if at all) for the architecture & for high school basketball in the '70s & early '80s. Just 14 miles from Twain's hangout Hannibal MO. Couldn't wait to get the hell out of there and now I use the name as a handle. Go figure. :lol:

Oh and to the day after birthday boy no problem re the credit. I do that 10 last post thing too sometimes. I was just surprised that I beat the European folks to the punch. Ah, the advantages of the midnight O reader.

• 1 year later...