organissimo wants to play in YOUR TOWN

Are you saying that we torpedoed any hopes of Organissimo signing with Sony and Blue Note :)

Bertrand.

Nothing that bad (unless I just haven't realized it yet). It may have cost us a review, that's all. No biggie.

FUCK 'em. You don't need 'em.

I say we should show respect to all the labels. I don't think it's fair that O's future gets compromised by comments on the bulletin board. Can't there be a disclaimer where the band points out that opinions expressed on the BB don't necessarily reflect the band's views?

My point is that any label or publication/website (and Jim referred to a potentially lost review, not recording contract) that doesn't already realize that, is going to be trouble sooner or later anyway. It's clear that what the band is trying to provide here is a free and open forum--within reasonable limits, of course--and any label that doesn't understand and respect that is probably one they wouldn't want to be involved with. At least that's my understanding of Jim, Joe, and Randy from their comments I've read here.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

Any new date for Blues Alley yet?

Thanks,

Bertrand.

My guess is if it happens it would be sometime in the spring. There's a jazz booking agency in Baltimore. The agency handles Dave Liebman, Paul Bollenbeck, Herb Ellis, Jimmy Bruno, Greg Hatza, and many others. The booker is interested in us and would be able to help us organize an east coast tour.

Jim,

Any new date for Blues Alley yet?

Thanks,

Bertrand.

My guess is if it happens it would be sometime in the spring. There's a jazz booking agency in Baltimore. The agency handles Dave Liebman, Paul Bollenbeck, Herb Ellis, Jimmy Bruno, Greg Hatza, and many others. The booker is interested in us and would be able to help us organize an east coast tour.

Does this mean I won't be getting any press kits? :huh:

Jim,

you have to come to the left coast. and why go to southern calif. l.a. and san diego, come to the beautiful san francisco-oakland bay area of northern california. Yoshi's at Jack London Square in downtown oakland is the place to be. don't have any personal contacts there but i'm sure i could drop off a demo tape if you send me one.................

Hey - you guys gotta come across the lake to Green Bay - here's some spots:

Luna Cafe - contact Mark Patel - www.lunacafe.com

Iq's - www.iqsbar.com

The Lazy Gecko (formerly Gallagher's) in DePere (5 min south of GB)

PI - Mark Martin, contact

Hope to see you here in GB.

Jim,

you have to come to the left coast. and why go to southern calif. l.a. and san diego, come to the beautiful san francisco-oakland bay area of northern california. Yoshi's at Jack London Square in downtown oakland is the place to be. don't have any personal contacts there but i'm sure i could drop off a demo tape if you send me one.................

Yoshi's could be a little tricky... They book well known national & international acts and we're still fairly unknown around the nation.. I used to live in Oakland from Dec 1985 - Sept 1989.. I love that place!

Far from a complete list, but here goes St. Louis...

Busch's Grove - http://www.buschsgrove.com Newly remodeled and reopened.

The Jazz Bistro - http://www.jazzatthebistro.com Mostly national acts.

Cicero's - http://www.mbus.com/clubs/genadm/Cicero's.htm - This used to be a nice, down and dirty joint but they moved across the street and remodeled. Still a fun place and decent pizza.

Main Street Jazz & Blues - Across the river in IL. 3 blocks from my house!

307 E. Main St., Belleville, IL

618-235-6025

Neruda Restaurant & Bar - http://www.neruda2dine.com/

Great food!

Tons of college bars in the Delmar Loop and near SLU Campus as well.

Here's the local jazz station as well: http://www.siue.edu/WSIE/

Good luck!

Edit: Cookies Jazz in Webster Groves. Just around the corner from Webster Records and less than a mile from Euclid. How about an in-store? :-)

Edited by spinlps

Hey - you guys gotta come across the lake to Green Bay - here's some spots:

Luna Cafe - contact Mark Patel - www.lunacafe.com

Iq's - www.iqsbar.com

The Lazy Gecko (formerly Gallagher's) in DePere (5 min south of GB)

PI - Mark Martin, contact

Hope to see you here in GB.

And while you are across the lake, why not make it over to the Twin Cities?

The Dakota

Rossi's Blue Star Room

Artist's Quarter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We're looking for hip clubs to play across the country. If you have some cool places to play in your town that you think Organissimo would fit into stylistically (we can play straight jazz clubs or college bars that are a little open or art museums or what-have-you), please list them here. We'd love to come to your town and put on a show!

Thank you!

EDIT: I merged this old topic with Randy's new one since they are basically the same thing. If you feel more comfortable talking about this in private, please do not hesistate to send me a PM or an email. You can find my email address in my signature.

Thank you for your help and support!

I'd like to see you guys check out one of these venues, ann arbor art fair, ypsi heratige fest, DET.INTERNATIONAL JAZZ FEST. this would be the one to do, you guys would kill the pyramid stage or the water front I saw Ron Blake there with Joey D. and it was awsome.. with Mr. Gibbs and company it would be a organic summit. I don't know how your relationship is with the local Detroit cats but as a patron of the art form it looks good from where I sit and that would be RIGHT IN THE FRONT ROW!! Two great Organ trios at the same fest, The Damn city might just IMPLODE! Plus I'd like to hear Joe and Perry jam off one another. In my mind this would be one to have live on video.. Enough for now.. I got the new cd from you guys last night.. KEEP UP THE GROOVE..

mwjazzman, did you introduced yourself as being from the forum? Thank you for coming out! There is about a 99.9% chance we'll be playing the festival this year. I would say 100%, but nothing is ever certain. But I'm very confident we'll be there this year after last night! :)

Thanks for coming and I hope you like the CD!

• 1 month later...

If you ever do a Northwest tour, then Jimmy Maks or the Blue Monk would be the place to play in Portland.

Louis Pain is the Hammond man in town. You'd want to get your cd into his hands and he'd spread the word!

He plays often with the brilliant Mel Brown, the ex-Motown drummer, who makes his home here in town.

If you ever do a Northwest tour, then Jimmy Maks or the Blue Monk would be the place to play in Portland.

Louis Pain is the Hammond man in town. You'd want to get your cd into his hands and he'd spread the word!

He plays often with the brilliant Mel Brown, the ex-Motown drummer, who makes his home here in town.

I got this Mel Brown disc off CDBaby and it's a goodun. Louis Pain is a very nice cat and plays the hell out of the Hammond! Good stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

cafe,in hartford,ct.,to feature hammond b-3!

hartford courant

click on hartford courant,scroll down left side,click on music,then scroll down right side to,

riffs

jazz notes

nutshell cafe bringing in the big,bad b-3 organ(article in courant 3-17-06).

also,the nutshell cafe website:

nutshell cafe

it looks like they intend to bring in local & national players.