organissimo wants to play in YOUR TOWN

THE place to play in Kansas City would be The Blue Room - right at the corner of 18th & Vine (right next to the American Jazz Museum). Holds maybe a couple hundred when totally packed, but a good night is more like 50-75. Live music Thu., Fri., and Sat. nights. (Monday is "jam session" night, and they're closed Tue., Wed., and Sun. nights.)

The Blue Room (click)

Free For All, Spontoonious and I all have some pull with the booking guy there (Gerald - a great guy too, I might add - plays tenor). And I'd be kidding myself if I didn't admit that they both probably have more pull wth Gerald than I do.

FWIW, I gave him your first CD (out of the batch of six I bought way back when), so you guys should at least minimally already be on his radar.

(If that doesn't work out, lemme know - and I can come up with some other possible venues -- but The Blue Room really is the best room in town IMHO (and by some margin too).

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should have most of the local venues.

I didn't see Trumpet's in Montclair NJ listed, and another possiblility (altho I haven't been following the events there) is the "Club Bene'" in Sayreville, NJ

WBGO JAZZ LISTINGS

Edit to add: When it says "closed" on the link I think they mean just that night, not a permanent closing.

Edited by Harold_Z

I know this has been brought to the attention of Jim and Greg before, but Alan Lankin's Jazzmatazz site has a page devoted to upcoming Philly jazz concerts and shows. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a list of several venues that regularly present jazz:

Jazzmatazz Philly Jazz Page

(Note that this list is not entirely complete--e.g., it doesn't include the soon-to-be-opened Ron's Jazz Club, which is awaiting funding from certain well-heeled Michigan investors).

Interesting discussion just now in the Live Chat where "we" sort of reached the conclusion that Organissimo may very well be a bit more aggressive about its approach and actively contact board members located in places where stuff may be happening music wise. I think this board is giving the fans a lot and in return those fans can and should be willing to contact local venues or whatever outlets there are and help the band some. Asking for people to help in the open is one thing and good. But I really think that you guys have a right to personally approach the members of this board and ask them for help in making your name a bigger one. Asking for people to raise their hands will get you far less support than allowing people to help you without being in the open about it.

Right Randy?

couw, I'm a little confused by your post. Are you saying we should be more aggressive in asking for help publicly or that we should do it privately?

I'm not sure that I agree that anyone owes us anything. Yes, we supply this board and pay the costs and maintain it and all that, but it has also helped us achieve a little more recognition than we probably would have on our own. Then again, it can have some negative consequences as well (which I won't go into... they're relatively small right now, but they are there... suffice to say that some industry peoples haven't been to happy about some of the things said here, but oh well...)

I don't know. I'm always wary of asking people for anything but I do very much appreciate the zeal of some members to help us get to their hometowns.

couw, I'm a little confused by your post. Are you saying we should be more aggressive in asking for help publicly or that we should do it privately?

privately

I'm not sure that I agree that anyone owes us anything. Yes, we supply this board and pay the costs and maintain it and all that, but it has also helped us achieve a little more recognition than we probably would have on our own. Then again, it can have some negative consequences as well (which I won't go into... they're relatively small right now, but they are there... suffice to say that some industry peoples haven't been to happy about some of the things said here, but oh well...)

I have been among those warning you for being all too lenient on the content of the postings. Maybe *all* possibly offensive stuff should be in the politics forum with a warning that does not need a click of the mouse to be read.

I don't know. I'm always wary of asking people for anything but I do very much appreciate the zeal of some members to help us get to their hometowns.

I don't know either, but these are the same people who have asked you stuff, make links work, add a blue colour scheme and those smileys we're so fond of. Have a go at the Chat in the upper right corner to get an idea of the appreciation of this site out there. People will be wanting to help, just not out in the open. Really, people like this site but are not willing to expose their opinion to the scrutiny of the powers that be here. Sounds silly, is not. Give them a chance by simply asking.

privately

I have been among those warning you for being all too lenient on the content of the postings. Maybe *all* possibly offensive stuff should be in the politics forum with a warning that does not need a click of the mouse to be read.

I don't know either, but these are the same people who have asked you stuff, make links work, add a blue colour scheme and those smileys we're so fond of. Have a go at the Chat in the upper right corner to get an idea of the appreciation of this site out there. People will be wanting to help, just not out in the open. Really, people like this site but are not willing to expose their opinion to the scrutiny of the powers that be here. Sounds silly, is not. Give them a chance by simply asking.

I agree with Couw.

Maybe, but that would make this place awfully dull.

I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at re: the public/private thing. I mean, this thread for exaple: Someone couldn't just PM me or Randy with ideas if they didn't want to air them in public? Or did he ask the question the wrong way?

I'm still confused. :) It's pretty normal for me.

Maybe, but that would make this place awfully dull.

hey, YOU were the one complaining about complaints. Get your priorities in order I'd say. If it's real big shots complaining while at the same time offering you a rekkid deal, I'd say silence the bunch and hit for the money and make your family happy. heheheh.

I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at re: the public/private thing. I mean, this thread for exaple: Someone couldn't just PM me or Randy with ideas if they didn't want to air them in public? Or did he ask the question the wrong way?

they could just PM you but you'd get more response by mailing them yourself, the band that is and whoever represents them. Much of the response would be "naah", but some would be along the lines of "yes, of course glad you asked."

I'm still confused. :) It's pretty normal for me.

you should drink more beer. it's pretty normal for me ;)

Are you saying that we torpedoed any hopes of Organissimo signing with Sony and Blue Note :)

Bertrand.

Nothing that bad (unless I just haven't realized it yet). It may have cost us a review, that's all. No biggie.

FUCK 'em. You don't need 'em.

That's it Ron, keep on digging. ;)

Just gettin' started:

Garden.jpg

Are you saying that we torpedoed any hopes of Organissimo signing with Sony and Blue Note :)

Bertrand.

Nothing that bad (unless I just haven't realized it yet). It may have cost us a review, that's all. No biggie.

FUCK 'em. You don't need 'em.

I say we should show respect to all the labels. I don't think it's fair that O's future gets compromised by comments on the bulletin board. Can't there be a disclaimer where the band points out that opinions expressed on the BB don't necessarily reflect the band's views?

Edited by connoisseur series500