What are you buying *YOURSELF* for x-mas?

Guest Chaney

Jack squat. My wife and I agreed to not buy each other anything this Christmas because money is just too tight.

Jack be nimble

Jack be quick

Jack did squawk

Cuz over the lit

candlestick

Did Jack squat...

Merry Christmas, baby, oh you been good to me etc etc etc..check's in the mail////

I came very close to getting a box set of Brazilian music - probably the Wilson Simonal Na Odeon set, though I am also tempted by the Baden Powell set. I suppose I will eventually get both. However, I had a very unexpected expense due to problems at Heathrow, and I won't be getting either until the middle of 2006. It's probably just as well. I was being selfish. I settled for a much more reasonable order of 2 Paulo Moura CDs. Now I just need to get one or two more things for the wife, though she gave me a really short list this year.

I was set to get something for myself tonight- I was in downtown Manhattan, on my way to Downtown Music Gallery, and- THEY WERE CLOSED! :angry: I'll have to try again another day(sigh).

I wonder what that was all about.

I don't know, but the gate was halfway down and there was a sign on the door that said "if you know exactly what you want, knock". I wanted to browse(and buy), so out of luck for me.

In my mail today were two CDs I have read good things about. What pushed me to get them were the recent Grammy nominations.

Nnenna Freelon - Blueprint of a Lady

Dianne Reeves - Good Night, and Good Luck

I'm going to wait till Christmas to open them up. I'll probably listen to them on the drive home from my sister's.

If they're as good as I expect them to be, I'll start a thread on them, and maybe we can have a discussion.

• 2 weeks later...