2005 Holiday Tunes for you!

Per request, and following a two year tradition, here are some holiday tunes for you! We recorded three new tunes today.

Enjoy and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! (NOTE: To download, right click the song title and choose "save as" from the menu)

1) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (4:52)
2) A Child Is Born (5:03)
3) Funky Drummer Boy (4:43)

HO HO HO!

Oh yeah, here are the tunes from the last three years as well. That's seven tracks! Hell, you've got yourself an organissimo Christmas CD already! Aren't you lucky? tongue.gif

4) O Christmas Tree (4:41)
5) The Christmas Song (4:59)
6) Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (4:19)
7) Christmas Time Is Here (8:23)

In all seriousness, here's hoping that you and your family have a wonderful holiday season and thank you for all your support of organissimo!

Here's a Soundcloud playlist as well:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now I know what a Christmas album by Larry Young, Grant Green, and Elvin Jones would sound like. WOW!!!! :excited::excited::excited:

Thanks guys, and Merry Christmas to all of you.

(And on a more anal note, thanks also for updating the tags on the previous years' tunes. :winky: )

Edited by Big Al

FWIW, I tried to program the tunes into an order that would make it sound like an actual Christmas LP. To that extent, I like the way the songs flow into each other in this order:

SIDE ONE (19:18)

O Christmas Tree

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Funky Drummer Boy

A Child is Born

SIDE TWO (17:41)

Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree*

The Christmas Song

Christmas Time is Here

*I wish this version would get played in the malls instead of the Amy Grant version!!!

I imagine being a little kid again, watching the organssimo Christmas record (especially the record label) spin around, cold weather outside, anxiously awaiting Christmas! Yes, thankfully, I never outgrew that part of life.

Thanks again, guys.

And happy listening!

FWIW, I tried to program the tunes into an order that would make it sound like an actual Christmas LP. To that extent, I like the way the songs flow into each other in this order:

O Christmas Tree

Funky Drummer Boy

A Child is Born

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree*

The Christmas Song

Christmas Time is Here

*I wish this version would get played in the malls instead of the Amy Grant version!!!

I imagine being a little kid again, watching the organssimo Christmas record (especially the record label) spin around, cold weather outside, anxiously awaiting Christmas! Yes, thankfully, I never outgrew that part of life.

Thanks again, guys.

And happy listening!

That's a pretty slick order, Al! Can I steal it? I'm burning a bunch of discs for radio right now, but I'm only using 5 of the tunes (don't want them to get spoiled, you know). But that order would be great for family and friends!

O Christmas Tree

Funky Drummer Boy

A Child is Born

Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree*

The Christmas Song

Christmas Time is Here

I was thinking how I should order these before burning; thanks a lot for the suggestion, Al. We have a winner!

That's a pretty slick order, Al! Can I steal it? I'm burning a bunch of discs for radio right now, but I'm only using 5 of the tunes (don't want them to get spoiled, you know). But that order would be great for family and friends!

Aw HECK yeah, my friend!!! :tup :rsmile:

If you tell me which five you're using, I'd be more than happy to send a copy to KNTU (Denton jazz radio) and KTCU (Fort Worth radio that plays jazz every afternoon 2-4 pm).

Thanks Jim! This is really generous of you (and the rest of the guys)!

Hope the gigs keep flowin' in for the holidays (and after!)

Have you been slipping these tunes in on your recent gigs?

How's the response been?

You're welcome. We just came up with the three arrangements last night, so we have not been playing them. We'll do so tomorrow night! Unfortunately, between tomorrow and a private party on Thursday, we don't have any other gigs in December, so that will be that for those tunes for this year it seems.