7/4, thread killer

brownie

This is about a thread 7/4 started over the weekend. He picked up a story from the BBC News on the Pere Lachaise cemetery. I pointed out to him that the story was a year old and had been outdated the day after the BBC filed it. The story should have been left in its grave.

I also pointed out 7/4's accute tendency to go ahead with useless posts.

When I looked for the thread today, I could not find it. I invaded a thread in which 7/4 was a participant and asked him what happened to the thread. 7/4 has refused to reply even though he has been posting all day long today.

Standard procedures on this Board before the original poster eliminate one's thread is to advise the various people who posted answers that the thread was going be eliminated. It's happened before and has been going on without problems.

Obvfiously 7/4 eliminated the thread on his own volution without having the courtesy to advise me.

I knew he was posting way too many useless posts, but now I also know he is a coward!

As I said on the eliminated thread, I'll go back to ignore his posts as I did before (and should have kept at) and let him return to his pathetic oblivion!

Probably over a year ago, I started a thread which I soon judged to be malicious. The thread received several funny responses. Thinking better of what I had done, I deleted the entire thread, but also sent a PM to everyone who had responded of what I had done and why. My PM included an apology for deleting their words. All were good sports.

Just recently, I started a thread on that Pandora thingy. Rotasi responded to my initial post with a link to an already existing thread, and so I immediately deleted my thread without a PM to Rotasi.

With all due respect to brownie, 7/4 deleting his thread seems OK to me. Hard to tell if he knows you were expecting an explanation.

brownie, have a glass of something, play some tunes and relax!

:)

Mais oui! That's the plan later tonight.

Driving to friends for a dinner. Bringing the wine but will have to keep away from it since the wife does not drive :( She will drink for me :o

To Brownie:

Sometimes it is difficult to get a full sense of an individual on line, but 7/4 is a very nice, very hardworking (at a business that I believe is conducted largely online) person...

To 7/4:

Brownie is a fantastic photo-journalist, with an important role in the history of jazz -- if you have time, it'd be nice (and probably make you feel good) to respond to his PMs.

I hope you both cut each other some slack, 'cause I consider you both friends and integral members of this community. :(

My 2 pennies...

Just recently, I started a thread on that Pandora thingy. Rotasi responded to my initial post with a link to an already existing thread, and so I immediately deleted my thread without a PM to Rotasi.
Yeah, no prob. Seemed an obvious way to handle it. Hadn't seen the thread in question,

but it would seem that if there were a lot of back-and-forth over a topic,

then it'd be polite to ask, but I don't know the nature and/or length of the exchanges.

oh well...my two centavos...

To Brownie:

Sometimes it is difficult to get a full sense of an individual on line, but 7/4 is a very nice, very hardworking (at a business that I believe is conducted largely online) person...

Yeah, I work at home. I also have some problems with insomnia. Saturday I was out real late, concert at the Dream House. Monday morning at 3am I was posting the interesting news tid bit when this happened.

To 7/4:

Brownie is a fantastic photo-journalist, with an important role in the history of jazz -- if you have time, it'd be nice (and probably make you feel good) to respond to his PMs.

I hope you both cut each other some slack, 'cause I consider you both friends and integral members of this community. :(

My 2 pennies...

There were no PM. Brownie has turned into a bit of a cyberstalker who's fixated on me, I called him on it and now he's pissed that I'm ignoring him. I was cutting him slack, but it just got worse.

As for the deleted post, he was getting more than a bit weird so I canned it.

I think he's posting nonsense just to pump up his post count. Thanks for the kind, concerned words Maren.

I also have some problems with insomnia.
Have you tried valerian or Sleepy Time tea?

I should. My Dad used to take valerian, it smelled so nasty I decided it wasn't for me years ago.

I find I get nice vivid dreams with Valerian. Just last night (in the dream) this guy was showing me some interesting fingerings for a C7th Alt chord and its inversions.

Perhaps its those "notes between the cracks" that's affecting your "temperament". :)

Edited by Robert J

I should. My Dad used to take valerian, it smelled so nasty I decided it wasn't for me years ago.

The "extra" version has valerian (and doesn't stink :lol:). Drink it about an hour before bedtime.

Knocks me right out.

That might be the ticket. I'll check it out. Thanks! :g

I also have some problems with insomnia.
Have you tried valerian or Sleepy Time tea?

I find I get nice vivid dreams with Valerian. Just last night (in the dream) this guy was showing me some interesting fingerings for a C7th Alt chord and its inversions. Perhaps its those "notes between the cracks" that's affecting your "temperament". :)

Vivid dreams? Sounds cool to me.

And it's legal too. :lol:

Nah, it's not the microtones, but the day job, having one main customer, elderly parents and wishing I could spend more time on music.

While I generally don't like to see threads deleted, I didn't realize that it was "procedure" to notify participants of a deletion. Since thread deletions usually occur amid some acrimony, I'm surprised that civil notifications ever occur. :huh:

While I generally don't like to see threads deleted, I didn't realize that it was "procedure" to notify participants of a deletion. Since thread deletions usually occur amid some acrimony, I'm surprised that civil notifications ever occur. :huh:

Not really "procedure" - just courtesy.

With the tea, it helps if you slow down too... ;)

I wonder what the incidence of board members with sleeping disorders is like here? I'll bet it's quite high; I too keep 'odd' hours most days of the week and find myself awake for no apparent reason in the dead of night. Without trying to preach, if we bear this in mind, the more we can do to be supportive and tolerant of each other will only be a good thing.

Don't fall out fellas....since weeding out some real dickheads here, the place seems such a nice place to visit. :)

Brownie has turned into a bit of a cyberstalker who's fixated on me, I called him on it and now he's pissed that I'm ignoring him. I was cutting him slack, but it just got worse.

get some sleep man

Brownie has turned into a bit of a cyberstalker who's fixated on me, I called him on it and now he's pissed that I'm ignoring him. I was cutting him slack, but it just got worse.

get some sleep man

I've been thinking couw...you post too much and when you do, the posts don't really have much quality. You need more fiber for more bulky posts to make me - particularly me - more happy. More fiber = quality posts to keep things moving along so I can sleep through the night unburdened by your multiple posts of such low quality.

Now, I can hear the gears grinding..."7/4, you post more often that I do these days?" Yes, but mine have more fiber Grasshopper. One word I have for the world - fiber. A solution to the worlds problems.

Too early for a nap. Naps screw me up and then I'm up all night. :rsmile:

Edited by 7/4