NEW, NEVER HEARD, DIZZY & BIRD FROM UPTOWN

JSngry

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks! Now - who is that famous collector who won't give up the 6 minutes? And did jack Towers do the original transfers of these acetates? I know it's all none of my business, but I do restoration work myself and was just curious - (and did I mention that I own some un-released Mrs. Miller? I'm waiting until it's really worth a lot)-

• 2 weeks later...

come on Chuck, who's the collector with the 6 minutes - so we can sneak over to his house in the middle of the night and beat the crap out of him and grab the 6 minutes - or at least have pizzas delivered until he relents -

Does this mean that there actually is a collector who has the only version of one of the songs from this concert and won't turn it over for the CD issue? If so, I suggest we surreptiously swap his entire 78 collection for "No Noise" CD reissues, and if this doesn't work, replace each of his Ellington Lps in the sleeve with a rap record, in addition to your excellent suggestions.