for those who missed out the cheap Universal Mosaics

tjobbe

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes Montgomery Riverside is also back (ahem, Erik).

:D I'm crumbling and placing an order as we speak, dammit...

PS - Ordering WAYYY too much too :w

I was tempted to order the Bill Evans Riverside but, as with the Wes Montgomery box for me, I already have almost everything that's in it. Even at these fantastic prices, it's hard to justify ordering box sets of stuff you already have.

Damn! I keep missing out on the Basie Box Set. Could one of our European members please sit outside their store, and let me know when the Basie box becomes available again? ... I will send you a Christmas Fruitcake for your trouble.

Many thanks in advance,

Garth.

Can I make a suggestion that won't require any additonal fruitcake investment? Just bookmark this page and, once or twice a day, go to it and fill in the number 1 under "Stuck", the number 502087 (their new stock number for the Basie Mosaic) under "Nr.", and then hit the "aktualisieren" (update) button (sorry for being so pedantic if you speak German :blush: ). It seems that when they have fewer than 3 sets of a title in stock, it will not show up on a search of the artist's name, but can still be purchased this way (this is how I bought the Eldridge Mosaic from them a few weeks ago). Of course, if the set really is out of stock, you'll get that message when you hit the update button. But this way, you're more likely to catch the Basie set the next time they have it in stock (which I'm confident they will) than you would be relying on the fruitcake cravings of our European friends. :rolleyes:

Damn! I keep missing out on the Basie Box Set. Could one of our European members please sit outside their store, and let me know when the Basie box becomes available again? ... I will send you a Christmas Fruitcake for your trouble.

Many thanks in advance,

Garth.

Can I make a suggestion that won't require any additonal fruitcake investment? Just bookmark this page and, once or twice a day, go to it and fill in the number 1 under "Stuck", the number 502087 (their new stock number for the Basie Mosaic) under "Nr.", and then hit the "aktualisieren" (update) button (sorry for being so pedantic if you speak German :blush: ). It seems that when they have fewer than 3 sets of a title in stock, it will not show up on a search of the artist's name, but can still be purchased this way (this is how I bought the Eldridge Mosaic from them a few weeks ago). Of course, if the set really is out of stock, you'll get that message when you hit the update button. But this way, you're more likely to catch the Basie set the next time they have it in stock (which I'm confident they will) than you would be relying on the fruitcake cravings of our European friends. :rolleyes:

Thanks Ron, I have that number, and also the number for the Sonny Rollins set .. and I will hit the button at least twice a day ... However, if any of our European friends really do have a craving for fruitcake, I have several I could pass on to them... ;)

Is there a way to bookmark a search on the page that takes one right to the jazz box sets? I'm having trouble locating the Eldridge and Pepper sets.

They're both out of stock right now, but if you bookmark the order page I posted above, and insert their current stock numbers (502089 for the Eldridge and 502195 for the Pepper) on a daily basis, you should more accurately catch them when they're in stock.

UK readers may be interested that the Basie is available from mail order (non internet) classical company Europadisc for £32.95 inclusive of postage. They also list Tal Farlow at similar price. The one page of Verve offers they have is in their current mail order list which is not yet online. I can't say how viable overseas shipping would be as they charge extra per CD which might be costly. For UK buyers its a steal and you could ask them about Jazztet and Eldridge (which they don't list but who knows). Their internet site (which needs updating at time of writing) is here: http://www.europadisc.co.uk/

As I said, it is mail or phone order - no online ordering.

[Normally a classical only company - this Verve offer is part of a massive Universal offer which has truly fantastic classical boxset deals - also to be found at mdt.co.uk]

PS For countries outside EU, British sales tax (VAT of 17.5%) is deducted - this might offset some of the postage costs.

PPS Offer lists now updated. Look at last page of This Month's offers for jazz, and at Stop Press for numerous classical bargains. Here is a steal if this is your bag:

DG 477 5765 Schubert Complete Lieder Fischer-Dieskau;Moore 21 CDs £29.95

Edited by David Ayers

Is there a way to bookmark a search on the page that takes one right to the jazz box sets? I'm having trouble locating the Eldridge and Pepper sets.

To be sure to see almost all the interesting jazz box sets discussed here just write the word "complete" under the Schnellsuche and select index for cd only and you will have all the jazz box sets since this word is in almost all the titles (+ a few more less interesting for us but usually it's only 3 or 4 pages of results, it won't take long to see all of thems)

Good luck

Order placed....now researching home equity loans....

Not even a shipping notification yet.... :(

I sent an email yesterday inquiring about the order status, and the reply was that 2001 is in the process of moving their 'storage' to another city, and that is causing the delay in my order. :alien:

***nervously tapping desktop***

Order placed....now researching home equity loans....

Not even a shipping notification yet.... :(

I NEVER get shipping confirmations. Some goof up with email addresses that cannot be fixed apparantly. After the automated reply there is lots of silence until the nice post lady rings at the door a couple of days later.

... and add to that that they have been more than a bit forthcoming when stuff went wrong. After an item I ordered was not included in the box the nice post lady brought -- an item that had gone out of stock in the meantime -- they have been calling up all their stores to find me my copy on some store shelf somewhere. Great service! They have feghed up more than one order from me (usually the ones with more than 20 items :blush: ), but they have always corrected their mistakes.

On my last order, they also made a mistake. Instead of "The Modern Red Norvo," they sent a CD called "Im Hamburger Federbett" by some guy named Wolf Biermann. :wacko: Of course, they said they'd send the Norvo set and told me to keep the Biermann CD. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, and have no idea what it is.

By the way, Erik, I also was informed that my replacement Red Norvo set has been delayed because of the warehouse move. And in terms of shipping notifications, they usually send a prospective one a couple of days before they actually ship, confirming which items they have in stock and on what date they're expected to ship.

I sent an email yesterday inquiring about the order status, and the reply was that 2001 is in the process of moving their 'storage' to another city, and that is causing the delay in my order. :alien:

I understand that is the reason why the sets keep coming in batches again and again ..... their storage facility is big!