for those who missed out the cheap Universal Mosaics

tjobbe

....www.zweitausendeins.de. They currently sell the 7CD Sets (Eldridge, FArlow, Farmer/Golson) for 45€ and the Basie for 50€ as well as the 4CD Mulligan for 40€

As they have re-done their WebSite the only downside is the inavailabilty of an english UI-version but you can order via email or phone as well. Not sure about international shipping rates.

Basie, Count THE COMPLETE CLEF/Verve fifties

studio recordings. Aufnahmen 1952-57. Verve.

2005. 8 CDs 49,99 € Nummer 77897.

Eldridge, Roy THE COMPLETE VERVE ROY

ELDRIDGE STUDIO SESSIONS Mit Benny Carter,

Barney Kessel, Oscar Peterson, Buddy Rich, Stan

Getz, Dizzy Gillespie, Buddy Tate u.a. Verve. 2004.

7 CDs 44,99 € Nummer 77899.

Farlow, Tal THE COMPLETE VERVE TAL FARLOW

SESSIONS Mit Barney Kessel, Oscar Moore Quartet.

Verve. 2004. 7 CDs 44,99 € Nummer 77898.

Farmer, Art/& Benny Golson THE COMPLETE

ARGO/Mercury Jazztet sessions. Mit Tommy Flanagan,

Ron Carter, McCoy Tyner, Paul Chambers

u.a. Aufnahmen 1960-1962. Verve. 2004. 7 CDs

44,99 € Nummer 77896

Cheers, Tjobbe

EDIT: if you need help to navigate through the site, let me (and the other natives) know...

Edited by tjobbe

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know of any US distributors who are selling the Basie or Eldridge at a reduced price??? CDU's got the Basie at $137.15 (why 15 cents... I have no idea...)

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?...296730419&BAB=E

....www.zweitausendeins.de. They currently sell the 7CD Sets (Eldridge, FArlow, Farmer/Golson) for 45€ and the Basie for 50€ as well as the 4CD Mulligan for 40€

As they have re-done their WebSite the only downside is the inavailabilty of an english UI-version but you can order via email or phone as well. Not sure about international shipping rates.

Basie, Count THE COMPLETE CLEF/Verve fifties

studio recordings. Aufnahmen 1952-57. Verve.

2005. 8 CDs 49,99 € Nummer 77897.

Eldridge, Roy THE COMPLETE VERVE ROY

ELDRIDGE STUDIO SESSIONS Mit Benny Carter,

Barney Kessel, Oscar Peterson, Buddy Rich, Stan

Getz, Dizzy Gillespie, Buddy Tate u.a. Verve. 2004.

7 CDs 44,99 € Nummer 77899.

Farlow, Tal THE COMPLETE VERVE TAL FARLOW

SESSIONS Mit Barney Kessel, Oscar Moore Quartet.

Verve. 2004. 7 CDs 44,99 € Nummer 77898.

Farmer, Art/& Benny Golson THE COMPLETE

ARGO/Mercury Jazztet sessions. Mit Tommy Flanagan,

Ron Carter, McCoy Tyner, Paul Chambers

u.a. Aufnahmen 1960-1962. Verve. 2004. 7 CDs

44,99 € Nummer 77896

Cheers, Tjobbe

EDIT: if you need help to navigate through the site, let me (and the other natives) know...

Do we know of any US distributors who are selling the Basie or Eldridge at a reduced price??? CDU's got the Basie at $137.15 (why 15 cents... I have no idea...)

Caiman.com through Amazon.com has the Farlow for $50. Cheap US shipping, too ($2.49).

They also seem to have the Monk (€50), Wes Montgomery (€40) and Bill Evans (€45) Riverside boxes incredibly cheap (although they don't seem to currently have tehm in stock).

Does anyone know if these are the 12x12 size boxes or just the slipcase ones that seem to be sold in some places in Europe?

I am assuming the latter given the price. Even so...

They also seem to have some OJC cds at €2.99 but finding them means going through each artist individually unfortunately. I have no idea whether or not these are in stock though.

I saw those three boxes in their online listing. Within the printed catalogue I haven't found those as well none of those OJC's so maybe they place them in stock later on as sell out of the ZYX stock.

Cheers, Tjobbe

EDIT: there is an option to search via ->CD->Jazz and sort by price/Preis(doesn't work with Firefox but IE only)

Edited by tjobbe

I don't know about now, but I bought those Riversides from them a while back and they were the simple slipcases, not the 12*12 boxes. But, given it's about the music, GET'EM!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I'd come to the same conclusion given that you can get three for the price of one but will have to wait and see if they come back in stock.

I do suspect those will be the 12*12 (but don't sue me if they aren't <_< ) as I believe those OJC stuff being the rest of the Fantasy stock from the previous German distributor ZYX. The boxes they have sold some years ago where older ones, but ZYX recently sold the US ones according to their WebSite....

Cheers, Tjobbe

EDIT: 2001 might have skipped to add those to the current catalogue because of legal issues due to the distributor contract Fantasy had should terminate end of 2005 so maybe they will add them in January...will be another bad day for my bank account ;)

Edited by tjobbe

Interesting .. I just did the "math" on ordering the Basie set, and it comes out to $85.00 or $97.00 depending on the postage that you choose. It is worth it, I wonder, considering that most Mosaics seem to hold their prices on the aftermarket when you go to that big jam session in the sky?

I do suspect those will be the 12*12 (but don't sue me if they aren't <_< ) as I believe those OJC stuff being the rest of the Fantasy stock from the previous German distributor ZYX. The boxes they have sold some years ago where older ones, but ZYX recently sold the US ones according to their WebSite....

Cheers, Tjobbe

and we all are wondering why Mosaic has to lay off staff and cut costs otherwise and has to raise prices.......

If we all would order them directly at Mosaic this might not be necesary. But I know this is utopia.

A healthy and great jazzy 2006 for all at Organissimo and you families.

Did they really lay off staff???? :angry::angry: uh oh.... I only bought one European edition (out of 30+ Mosaics)...

but if that's true.... :o:o:o I'll stick to their website then....

and we all are wondering why Mosaic has to lay off staff and cut costs otherwise and has to raise prices.......

If we all would order them directly at Mosaic this might not be necesary. But I know this is utopia.

A healthy and great jazzy 2006 for all at Organissimo and you families.

My thoughts are that they had to agree to supply a certain number of these European Mosaics to get the Verve licensing (they are mostly if not all Verve material). So that was a business decision on Mosaic's part. That said, one probably should not try to import them back into the US.

I would definitely order more from Mosaic directly if there was a way to avoid customs. Overseas shipping prices are bad enough, but customs charges push almost all Mosaic sets beyond my willingness to pay threshold. Thus, I am extremely glad to see the European Mosaics. This is probably the way I'll get the Dizzy set.

It still seems to me that the Universal-distributed Farlow Moasic is unique among these sets in its widespread availablity in the US through large, "legitimate" retailers at a low price over a long period of time. I've suspected for a while that there's a story behind that, but so far haven't seen it.

I played the whole Farlow set yesterday - great GREAT music! (But Kessel and Moore are *not* on this :crazy: )

Hmm... I'm not sure I understand the comment... Does it have something to do with the LP ("Swing Guitars") that I'm using for an avatar? Those were of course three different sessions (the Farlow tracks are also on the original Norgran, "The Tal Farlow Album").

I played the whole Farlow set yesterday - great GREAT music! (But Kessel and Moore are *not* on this :crazy: )

Hmm... I'm not sure I understand the comment... Does it have something to do with the LP ("Swing Guitars") that I'm using for an avatar? Those were of course three different sessions (the Farlow tracks are also on the original Norgran, "The Tal Farlow Album").

He's referring to the quoted description of the set in this post.

:w

Just a quick updater on 2001:

as suspected those Fantasy disc-set and individual OJC etc are now dropping in one by one...

Currently already available already:

Art Pepper 16CD Galaxy Set 50€

Monk Complete Riverside Set 50€

Wes M. complete Riverside Set 40€

some crappy 20Bit OJC for 3€, some regular remasters for 4€ and some 2CD sets for 5€

Cheers, Tjobbe

:w

Monk Complete Riverside Set 50€

Wes M. complete Riverside Set 40€

Cheers, Tjobbe

Wow is right. I've had the Monk forever - it was my first jazz box set. I think I paid $250 or so for it within a year of its coming out. But at this price I could get it for a really good friend. I think I will get the Montgomery as well. I've been slowly downloading the box set off emusic, but obviously the sound is going to be a lot better on CD, plus the booklet, etc.