for those who missed out the cheap Universal Mosaics

tjobbe

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either a big box (or two), or a large order of single cd's, where you can spread the shipping cost over the 20 or more cd's. You can still get a very good deal doing this. They had/have a large number of Concord titles for sale that Concord didn't, in the last go round.

Of course, I prefer to just send Erik to Germany to pick up mine. :P

When i was in Belgium a month ago I took the train to Koln just to see the cathedral drop in at 2001. :lol:

And you didn't offer to pick up a bunch of stuff for the rest of us??? :angry:

:P

Actually I would have (for a couple of local guys at least) but they didn't have any of the "big box" stuff that i wanted in stock. :P

I ordered 20 CDs from 2001 last week, the shipment arrived today, but 2 CDs were not the ones I ordered.

I called their hotline, they told me they would send the missing CDs immediately and that I can keep the two wrong CDs (a Wolf Bierman and a Bob Dylan disc).

A while back, they also sent me a Wolf Bierman CD by mistake. I wonder if they're trying develop more Wolf Bierman fans. :rolleyes:

I ordered 20 CDs from 2001 last week, the shipment arrived today, but 2 CDs were not the ones I ordered.

I called their hotline, they told me they would send the missing CDs immediately and that I can keep the two wrong CDs (a Wolf Bierman and a Bob Dylan disc).

As Ron knows, Wolf Bierman IS the German Bob Dylan. Coincidence that these two were sent together? I think not!

:cool:

Been making an order per month since the Fantasy/ZYX titles resurfaced in March/April. So far so good, with the rare wrong disc inserted and several cracked CD cases. I also received a Euro10 coupon recently and decided to pick up some lesser-rated reissues plus those by new artists on Fantasy, and some of those Classical box sets by Brilliant Classics, which are just so enticing at those crazy prices.

I'm hoping they can source for more of those Milestone, "Legends Of Acid Jazz" and more recent soul-jazz reissues, which are IMO being sold elsewhere at exorbidant prices.

I'm hoping they can source for more of those Milestone, "Legends Of Acid Jazz" and more recent soul-jazz reissues, which are IMO being sold elsewhere at exorbidant prices.

I haven't seen any new Fantasy items on their website or in their shops for weeks, so I doubt that there will be more coming up.

And they are now offering the new Prestige RVGs distributed by Universal in Europe ...

Edited by mikeweil

I haven't seen any new Fantasy items on their website or in their shops for weeks, so I doubt that there will be more coming up.

And they are now offering the new Prestige RVGs distributed by Universal in Europe ...

doesn't look like much new will be coming, but i did see one or two items i didn't know yesterday and today (a digipack double CD best of Montreux 1970-1979 for example, not that i bought it) so maybe it's not yet time to give up... didn't find any interesting Fantasy/OJC stuff in weeks either

Great news about it being the big box! But no, no shipping mail yet... hoping for tomorrow, otherwise we'll only know next week!

And Niko: congrats on handing in your diploma thesis... will take me another ca. 1,5 to 2 years to finish off, and I'm by now at a point where I'm envious of anyone who's close to being done with studying! (Although what comes after is of course even more insecure, but...)

now i am finished with my studies!! the final examination took 90 minutes instead of 30 because the examinator (?) was feeling sick and went to the toilet three times for 20 minutes in the course of testing me...didn't make me less nervous... still very nice that he didn't cancel the exam...

Great news about it being the big box! But no, no shipping mail yet... hoping for tomorrow, otherwise we'll only know next week!

And Niko: congrats on handing in your diploma thesis... will take me another ca. 1,5 to 2 years to finish off, and I'm by now at a point where I'm envious of anyone who's close to being done with studying! (Although what comes after is of course even more insecure, but...)

now i am finished with my studies!! the final examination took 90 minutes instead of 30 because the examinator (?) was feeling sick and went to the toilet three times for 20 minutes in the course of testing me...didn't make me less nervous... still very nice that he didn't cancel the exam...

:tup

Congratulations!

Time to :party: now!

That second 10 euro thingie hasn't arrived yet, alas :(

Congratulations!

Time to :party: now!

That second 10 euro thingie hasn't arrived yet, alas :(

more desparately waiting for the list :) no party yet, will have to do a presentation tommorow morning and have to work though I don't feel like it at all... celebrated by buying johnny griffin "the congregation" and "wheelin and dealin" (and will get some other cd later today i think but not yet completely sure what, maybe the kenny burrell "blue lights" double CD from 2001... :party: )

The opening track of "The Congregation" is my one favourite Griffin cut! I almost know his solo by heart!

great upon first impression! got two more really really great albums from 2001 last week which were recommended here (both from brownie and ubu iirc) Art Blakey The Jazz Messengers (Columbia) and Barney Wilen with Phillipe Petit Flash Back (the latter is a shop-only thing i think, maybe they had it some months ago)

• 3 weeks later...