for those who missed out the cheap Universal Mosaics

tjobbe

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:w

Just a quick updater on 2001:

as suspected those Fantasy disc-set and individual OJC etc are now dropping in one by one...

Currently already available already:

Art Pepper 16CD Galaxy Set 50€

Monk Complete Riverside Set 50€

Wes M. complete Riverside Set 40€

some crappy 20Bit OJC for 3€, some regular remasters for 4€ and some 2CD sets for 5€

Cheers, Tjobbe

But these are the tiny ZYX boxes, ..... right?! :unsure:

But these are the tiny ZYX boxes, ..... right?! :unsure:

I believe they are not Alfred, as ZYX officially sold recently the regular packaged ones. The cheapos that 2001 has offered in 2002/2003 were version from the 80's at least to what I know. This batch here should be the "overstock" that they haven't been able to sell. According to www.jazzecho.de Universal will distribute the Fantasy/Concord output from this year onward at least in Germany .

...but if you can wait patiently for few days and I can tell you than about the Art Pepper at least <_<

Cheers, Tjobbe

Edited by tjobbe

Be carefull! these are indeed the flumsy EU/ZYX printed boxes without the nice booklet. Still a steal for this price but just to let you know you won't be getting the 12x12 US versions. I've mailed them and asked so that's how I know it (for those who are always doubtful of what I'm writing) :P

... (for those who are always doubtful of what I'm writing) :P

ok :cool: ... I'm expecting the Pepper Galaxy box tomorrow or Friday latest... it will be shipped today and tell you first hand if its a :excited: or a :huh:

Cheers, Tjobbe

EDIT: in case its a :huh: I will hide them behind the Mosaic's

Edited by tjobbe

Hi my sceptical friends :D ,

would you be very surprised to hear that I just hold a 12"*12" Art Pepper Galaxy and a 12"*12" Theo Monk box in my hands ?

The disc's etc are marked Made in Germany by ZYX nevertheless they are the US packages.

Cheers, Tjobbe

would you be very surprised to hear that I just hold a 12"*12" Art Pepper Galaxy and a 12"*12" Theo Monk box in my hands ?

The disc's etc are marked Made in Germany by ZYX nevertheless they are the US packages.

Cheers, Tjobbe

I may need some assistance in navigating this site. I can find the items I am interested in, but they do not appear available. Instead of adding to a basket, I see this message:

Im Augenblick ausverkauft, tut uns leid. Wir bemühen uns, den Artikel wiederzubekommen

Thanks.

Eric

I may need some assistance in navigating this site. I can find the items I am interested in, but they do not appear available. Instead of adding to a basket, I see this message:

Im Augenblick ausverkauft, tut uns leid. Wir bemühen uns, den Artikel wiederzubekommen

Thanks.

Eric

Hi Eric, it seems that they have sold what they got few days ago already (not a suprise <_< )

what the customer support told me is that they do expect those being available within one week again as they have not received all the stuff from ZYX overstock which is why those have not been printed in their catalog.

The statement means that its not sold out, but just temporarily not available and them trying to re-stock it, so you would need to check from time to time. Unfortunately they do not take any pre-order at all.

Cheers, Tjobbe

The Farlow and Farmer/Golson Mosaics cannot be located on their website at all - no matter if I try the names or the order # .....

I will try my luck at their Frankfurt shop later today. Can afford only one or two, but nonetheless ....

seemed to be "gone" already... :(

Can anyone give advice on how you can pay without a German bank account? I tried last week (when they said that they had the Montgomery in stock) but there didn't seem to be a credit card option. My German is non-existant so I emailed them to ask but haven't had a response (possibly because I emailed in English <_< ).

Thanks

Denis

Can anyone give advice on how you can pay without a German bank account? I tried last week (when they said that they had the Montgomery in stock) but there didn't seem to be a credit card option. My German is non-existant so I emailed them to ask but haven't had a response (possibly because I emailed in English

I was able to pick up 4 Mosaic-Verve sets Friday :D:)

I sent email in english to service@zweitausendeins.de and someone from there (Stephen) answer me in English. Since I already have an account there (Pepper Galaxy Box, Coltrane Prestige Box and Evans Riverside Box : fantastic bargains a few years ago) the sent me those Mosaics right away (including the Farmer-Golson :g ).

I have a Master Card and everything seems OK.

Good luck

Michel

Can anyone give advice on how you can pay without a German bank account? I tried last week (when they said that they had the Montgomery in stock) but there didn't seem to be a credit card option. My German is non-existant so I emailed them to ask but haven't had a response (possibly because I emailed in English

I was able to pick up 4 Mosaic-Verve sets Friday :D:)

I sent email in english to service@zweitausendeins.de and someone from there (Stephen) answer me in English. Since I already have an account there (Pepper Galaxy Box, Coltrane Prestige Box and Evans Riverside Box : fantastic bargains a few years ago) the sent me those Mosaics right away (including the Farmer-Golson :g ).

I have a Master Card and everything seems OK.

Good luck

Michel

Looks like the Art Pepper Galaxy set is still listed on zweitausendeins.

I picked up pretty well all of these when they were originally listed a few years ago (both Tatums, the two Peppers, Coltrane Prestige, Evans Riverside, Monk Riverside, Montgomery Riverside). An incredible deal, even though the booklets were microscopic. They also did very good deals on the (non ZYX) Lester Young Verve and JATP 40s box sets which I took advantage of at the time.

Edited by sidewinder

Cheers, Tjobbe

WHOA.. :eye::eye::excited::tup

Missed this the first time. I'd give my right arm for the box and booklet :crazy:

I was at their Frankfurt outlet yesterday and only the Mulligan Mosaic was on display on a shelf, but all were in stock when I asked - I bought the Basie and the Farmer/Golson - the very next customer got himself the Farlow and a second I couldn't identify as fast as they were going .....

No trace of the diverse Fantasy/ZYX boxes.

They also now have the Dexter Gordon Prestige for €39.99!

Is this the 'big box' version?

:eye:

don't think so, the picture does seems to indicate it to be rather the CD sized one

76520.jpg

allthough the regular ZYX sale appraisal talks about a 45 page booklet coming with the box.

Cheers, Tjobbe

Cheers, Tjobbe