for those who missed out the cheap Universal Mosaics

tjobbe

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be 'cause all involved get a chance to stretch out a little more than on the Jazztet albums - among these, the one arranged by John Lewis is my favorite.

I think I will go for the Pepper ... :rolleyes:

The John Lewis album is terrific! I like this "more organized" hardbop very much -it's just not so lose around its corners as say Blakey or your usual Blue Note blowing date. Not that one thing is better, but sometimes the lose ends are just a bit too unorganized, and then the Jazztet is perfect.

About Pepper: that's a *great* one! I got the small edition back in that other sale, a couple of years ago. I was tempted to go for it again (as well as the Wes Riverside :w ) but now that there are some boxes available that are really new to me, it was easy to make the decision.

holy holy!

another 100 € gone...

both Bill Evans boxes (after that all I miss, as far as Evans boxes go, is the "Secret Sessions" box...), the Dexter box, plus the recent Bud Powell, "Bebop", for 3 eurozlotys.

this should be great! I have not heard any of the Evans, only got one ("The Panther!") of the Prestige Dexters, and have been watching that Powell for a long time (this was the third instalment of the Paris stuff, yes? I also miss the second one...)

They do have the Secret Sessions (#76679) but it is more expensive at €65.99.

I received my Wes Montgomery today and it too is the "big box" :D

I was stupid enough to add two Stax Vol. 2 to my basket without reading/noticing the fact in I don't know how many "are you sure that is what you want" windows and e-mails.

Duh. Duh. Duh.

I can't imagine you'll have any trouble selling it on at that price!

I received my Bill Evans - complete Riverside today. It IS the big box but the CDs were pressed in Germany.

I thought the bix boxes are only from the US?

I have a sneaky feeling that the big boxes may always have been made in Germany - it's just the ones that were sold there that were small.

And I don't think that it was just the US. Certainly in the UK I haven't seen any of the smaller ones for sale.

Well, I just placed an order--those box set prices were just too hard to resist. Believe it or not, I muddled my way through the web site order process by translating things with the AltaVista Babel Fish Translation page. That led to some amusing English syntax, but it seems to have worked! Welcome to the 21st century. :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback on Zweitausendeins, and especially to Tjobbe for spreading the word! :tup

I've just been giving the 'small box' Bill Evans a spin and the sound is pretty damn good to my ears.

It's a shame that the 'Complete Fantasy' set hasn't been listed as part of the deal.

It will be nice to get to read the booklet for the Complete Riverside set. :D

Edited by sidewinder

It's probably just me but I can't figure out how to place an online order using my credit card. On the delivery & payment page, it seems to be that the options are either "payment through bank transfer" or "payment on delivery"; or do you have further options on the next page (this possibility just occured to me, so it might well be the case).

It's probably just me but I can't figure out how to place an online order using my credit card. On the delivery & payment page, it seems to be that the options are either "payment through bank transfer" or "payment on delivery"; or do you have further options on the next page (this possibility just occured to me, so it might well be the case).

I believe you will only get the creditcard option if you fill in a non-German address (?)

That's Step 4 of the ordering process. I get "Per Bankeinzug" (works with German bank accounts only) and "Per Kreditkarte" (only outside of Germany), there you can choose your card and enter your data. Or you should be able to, at least.

Thanks ubu (and couw), I'm home now but will try again from my office tomorrow.

Otherwise just drop a mail here: sluening[at]zweitausendeins[dot]de - he seems to do all the customer support for online orders, and is very kind in doing so. He will also answer in english, it seems!

Woops - apologies.

'Off with his head !' :D

Well, that would be a bit drastic, then... instead just let me mention that back in that *other* zweit/zyx-boxes sale two years or so ago, I *did* get the Evans Fantasy, for, if memory serves me right, around 15 euro-zlotys... that should be punishment enough :g

Gokhan, as an infamous British politician dealing with Germans said years ago: 'If you don't succeed at first, try, try, try again...'

It took me many tries before making thru with the Zweitausendein box. Finally managed to order the Dexter Gordon Prestige box (a steal at €49 including shipping) and got a notification email. All in German of course!

Wish I had paid more attention when learning german in highschool!

Gokhan, as an infamous British politician dealing with Germans said years ago: 'If you don't succeed at first, try, try, try again...'

It took me many tries before making thru with the Zweitausendein box. Finally managed to order the Dexter Gordon Prestige box (a steal at €49 including shipping) and got a notification email. All in German of course!

Wish I had paid more attention when learning german in highschool!

To offer a wee bit of further help to our germanophile friends... this notification email (the first one, subject "Bestellung bei Zweitausendeins: [order-no]". A day or so later you'll get another mail, this time a personal one, from said Mr. Luening (subject: "Ihre Bestellung - Kunden-Nr.: [your customer-no.]"). In that mail, you can see if all your items are there for delivery ("Alle gewuenschten Artikel sind lieferbar..."). I suppose that if you do not see that line ("Alle gewunschten...") you drop Mr. Luening a mail and ask for explanation/help.

For those who don't read German, as I mentioned above, I used this page to get through the ordering process and to understand the confirmation email. I also tried the translation function through the Google toolbar (right-click on relevant web page and left-click on "Translate Page into English"), but the AltaVista Babel Fish Translation page seemed to be more reliable (I just copy/pasted blocks of text into the translater) and also can be used for emails.

I guess I'll find out how reliable it really is when--and if--I get my order and see what's inside the box! I would not recommend using the AltaVista site to translate from English into German to compose emails to Zweitausendeins because, as I also mentioned above, the resulting syntax and word choices could be a bit comical. Apparently, there is sufficient facility with English in the customer service department (a couple of people have mentioned a helpful fellow named Stephan who responds in English) so that English emails should get you whatever information you need.

.... Finally managed to order the Dexter Gordon Prestige box (a steal at €49 including shipping) and got a notification email. ....

glad to here that ! so I can keep mine :D

Cheers, Tjobbe

Thanks Tjobbe for your offer.

I feel better now that I know you'll keep the box ;)

And royal thanks to Ubu for his help too!