• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following is the text from the link above:

*****Buy A Mosaic Set And Get A Discount On True Blue Music!*****

Limited Time Offer!

Offer Ends July 31st

As a customer of Mosaic Records, you are eligible to enjoy a price reduction on our True Blue Music catalog. True Blue Music carries some of the finest jazz recordings from all of the major labels including Blue Note, Verve and Columbia as well as independents such as Delmark, Concord and Hindsight.

Here's how the promotion works: Purchase a Mosaic Records set and you are entitled to purchase the same number of CDs or LPs at a $5.00 discount from True Blue Music. For example, buy a 5 CD or 5 LP set from Mosaic Records and buy up to 5 CDs or 5 LPs at a $5 discount on each CD from True Blue Music (a savings of $25. (You may mix CDs and LPs). A $12.98 item would cost $7.98 and a $15.98 item would cost $10.98. And a 3 CD set which would normally sell for $39.98 would be priced at $24.98.

All of the Mosaic sets are eligible for this program and you may purchase as many sets as you wish (Buy a 10 CD set and be eligible for a $50 savings). The discount may only be applied to True Blue Music product and not Mosaic Records sets. The discounts must be used when you place the order. They cannot be carried forward for use at a later time.

If you order on the website, the shopping cart prior to checkout, will automatically calculate the proper discount that you would pay for your order. The items from both websites (www.mosaicrecords.com and www.truebluemusic.com) are included in the same shopping cart. You can always delete items from the shopping cart before you finally complete your order.

Hopefully with this program, we are able to provide you with more jazz recordings at basically wholesale prices and at the same time expose more of our sets to our customers. As a member of the Mosaic family we hope you enjoy this benefit and we thank you very much for your continued support.

now the updated version has the offer ending august 31, 03:

A Final Note

Please take advantage of Mosaic without delay – this offer ends August 31, 2003. You probably know by now that jazz isn’t just a business for us; it’s a labor of love. And thanks for your loyalty to us and to this great art form.

Sincerely, All of us at Mosaic Records

now this has poor ubu a little bit confused...

ubu

Typically I ordered the Chico Hamilton set on Monday . I could have taken advantage of the offer to get the AEC box .

But then again that JJ Johnson box looks very enticing.

oh, sure! get them!

two great box sets! and with the j.j., you can even get two more discs...

and have fun with Hamilton!

(I'll finally pick up the selects 1 & 2, together with some ESSENTIAL Basie & some Duke... what a feast! - only, I've got to wait till the next paycheck arrives... and don't tell my girlfriend :w )

ubu

What kind of King lives week to week? Ubu, draw down on those Swiss accounts.

despite my alias, I'm nothing than a blatant, grandiloquent student... :(

and on switzerland: imagine "nice price" and "mid price" disc for 16$ , normally priced ones 25$. nice, eh? not even a swiss king might buy as much as he would like to! B)

ubu

well this time i can't complain!!! :w

it´s the first time that i can have access to any Mosaic discount so i´m more than excited.

already ordered the Hamilton set and used instantly my 30 bucks :g

can't wait till August in order to place a huge one this time (JJ Johnson + Elvin Jones)

peace

Marcus Oliveira

Guest Chaney

From the latest issue of Signal to Noise magazine:

Quarterly sales leaders for the months of January through March, as reported by handpicked new music boutiques & distributors from around North America.

THE JAZZ LOFT

Belleview, WA

1. Roscoe Mitchell: Snurdy McGurdy and Her Dancin' Shoes (Nessa)

2. The Art Ensemble of Chicago: 1967 / 1968 (Nessa)

3. Lee Konitz: Gone With the Wind Suite (SteepleChase)

4. Misha Mengelberg: Four in One (Songlines)

5. Gabhard Ullman: Conference Call (Soul Note)

6. Khan Jamal: Balafon Dance (CIMP)

7. Steve Lacy: Wee See (hatOLOGY)

8. Karin Krog / Dexter Gordon: Some Other Spring (Meantime)

9. Matt Wilson: Humidity (Palmetto)

10. Cecil Taylor / Tony Oxley / Bill Dixon: Cecil Taylor / Tony Oxley / Bill Dixon (Victo)

Question is: Are we going to be able to do a Mosaic type countdown?

I'm hopping on this too. Getting the AEC box, $25 off. Super sweeet!

I agree; now to decide which Mosaic to get. I'm thinking either the Gerald Wilson or Tristano/Konitz/Marsh. Probably the latter cuz it will probably go OOP first. What do you guys think?

- only, I've got to wait till the next paycheck arrives... and don't tell my girlfriend  :w )

Uh...there is sort of an "unwritten agreement" on this, isn't there??? I mean, if Mrs. Moose ever totals up my jazz bills... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Jazzmoose

- only, I've got to wait till the next paycheck arrives... and don't tell my girlfriend  :w )

Uh...there is sort of an "unwritten agreement" on this, isn't there??? I mean, if Mrs. Moose ever totals up my jazz bills... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:w:w:w

this would be DOOMSDAY indeed!

although the actual ms. ubu is not half as horrible a wifey as the one found with help of the link in my signature...

going undercover to do some further additions to my collection

:unsure::rfr B)

ubu

From the latest issue of Signal to Noise magazine:

Quarterly sales leaders for the months of January through March, as reported by handpicked new music boutiques & distributors from around North America.

THE JAZZ LOFT

Belleview, WA

1. Roscoe Mitchell: Snurdy McGurdy and Her Dancin' Shoes (Nessa)

2. The Art Ensemble of Chicago: 1967 / 1968 (Nessa)

3. Lee Konitz: Gone With the Wind Suite (SteepleChase)

4. Misha Mengelberg: Four in One (Songlines)

5. Gabhard Ullman: Conference Call (Soul Note)

6. Khan Jamal: Balafon Dance (CIMP)

7. Steve Lacy: Wee See (hatOLOGY)

8. Karin Krog / Dexter Gordon: Some Other Spring (Meantime)

9. Matt Wilson: Humidity (Palmetto)

10. Cecil Taylor / Tony Oxley / Bill Dixon: Cecil Taylor / Tony Oxley / Bill Dixon (Victo)

Question is: Are we going to be able to do a Mosaic type countdown?

Wow, I guess this must mean Chuck is a Multi-Millionaire! :rhappy:

Ah.......the Johnny Smith set. SO very nice. What a guitarist this guy was.

My set arrived a couple days ago and has not left the CD changer. What a revelation. If you dig jazz guitar, you HAVE to get this set. My AEC set arrived as well. I'll be checking that out soon enough.

Anyway, I pulled the trigger yet again. This time it was the Chico Hamilton set. I was forced to as it hit Last Chance and all. For the True Blue bonus I picked the Charlie Christian set as well as the 2 CD Billie Holiday Decca.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

I'm envious, Ed. I have never been disappointed yet by a Mosaic box, so I pretty much want everything they put out (with the Four Freshmen a probable exception - fine music I'm sure but really not my thing) so generally go in chronological order by earliest release date (unless something is slated to go OOP out of sequence). Can't wait to get to the Johnny Smith!

The GOOD news is that I ordered the Kenton Presents Cooper/Holman/Rosolino, and for the True Blue $5 off stuff ordered the Benny Goodman Trio/Quartet RCA 3CD box (been eyeing that one forever) and both the Elmo Hope Beacon and Celebrity LPs (OK, had to pay full price for one of those but what the heck!). I'm hoping this package will arrive today - it's due!

I will be pulling the trigger again REAL soon, sometime in early August. Too good to pass up these rare deals.

Mosaic should accept subscription with 25 % off ..... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I got me the Chico Hamilton set at last, and the 2 CD sets of Lester Young and Wilbur Harden/John Coltrane on Savoy - these are impossible to get in Germany and priced astonomically high in Britain when I visited Tower in London - and the Groove Holmes/Gene Ammons and the Burrell CD Moten Swing, also unavailable here. Very nice deal, probably can't resist to score another one before the end of the month ...