Feb 7th RVG Batch

mgraham333

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just opened my copy of Dexter Gordon's "Gettin' Around." The disc has absolutely no label printed on it. Both sides look the same. The music's there though . . .

i have JOS BATCS w/o anything printed on it

I almost pre-ordered the new RVGs from CDUniverse. I decided to wait to see if the disks were copy-protected, mis-printed or other. I wonder how many of the disks have no label?

The Gigolo is en route!! I can hardly wait!

Dude, once you get the RVG The Gigilo, what are you going to do with yourself? I mean, for you it's kind of like winning the Superbowl...what's left after that?

Good question... I haven't really though about it... I guess you're right, I've got no reason to go on living :(

Did anyone else catch the "Retouched Cover on The Way" note on the front of the Workout cd?

Strange, I think I'll wait on it, as I already have the McMaster.

I saw that and thought it was a bit sloppy. As I have the TOCJ and there's only one alternative take I passed on it.

The Gigolo is en route!! I can hardly wait!

Dude, once you get the RVG The Gigilo, what are you going to do with yourself? I mean, for you it's kind of like winning the Superbowl...what's left after that?

Good question... I haven't really though about it... I guess you're right, I've got no reason to go on living :(

What about them geetars, Son? Ain't you gonna finish 'em? :(

Did anyone else catch the "Retouched Cover on The Way" note on the front of the Workout cd?

What does this mean? Is there something actually printed on the cover that says that? Can you post an image?

My CDUniverse package doesn't arrive until tomorrow....

Yes, it is actually printed in white on the cover. I have no idea what that means.

Yeah, it's in white Helvetica right underneatht he Blue Note label.

I don't have it in front of me, so that might not be the exact wording and I am not finding a pic online here. It may have just been the pressing that my store received.

But it did strike me as odd to see such a notation on a comercially available cd.

First time I've heard the Gigolo and it was worth the wait. Not sure the sound will be totally pleasing to audiophiles though.

i been waitin' for some feedback on that cd....

:(

It sounds good to me! I don't have a high end system right now but I could certainly hear some improvement. Typical RVG treatment- more clarity in the bass, more highs.

Yeah, it's in white Helvetica right underneatht he Blue Note label.

I don't have it in front of me, so that might not be the exact wording and I am not finding a pic online here. It may have just been the pressing that my store received.

But it did strike me as odd to see such a notation on a comercially available cd.

I think I'll color mine in with a sharpie!

What does this mean? Is there something actually printed on the cover that says that? Can you post an image?

My CDUniverse package doesn't arrive until tomorrow....

Yes, it is actually printed in white on the cover. I have no idea what that means.

Could be that the number in the red oval dot next to Blue Note is different. An LP version I have has 84080 in the dot. The photo on Amazon (if it's right) the number is 37771.