New website for jazz in Massachusetts, Maine, and New Hampshire

webbcity

Hi all,

Just posting here to announce a new website for jazz fans and musicians in Massachusetts, Southern Maine, and Southern New Hampshire: NORTHEAST JAZZ SCENE. On the site you will find performance listings, sound samples, photos, a guide to jazz radio in the area, a discussion group, and many more resources for jazz lovers in the area. Please visit the site at www.nejazzscene.com. Our goal is to raise awareness of the local jazz scene-- even if we have to do it one person at a time. Check out the site and please pass it on to anyone you know who might be interested.

Thank you,

Tim Webb

www.nejazzscene.com

there is no jazz in Southern Maine -

So Barbara's Kitchen Cafe, 388 Cottage Rd., South Portland, ME and Bridgeway Restaurant, So. Portland, ME are located where??

If you took the time to look at the link posted, you'd see there is Jazz in Southern Maine.

Sometimes I just don't get your posts. Do you post these nonsensical things to look funny or something? If so, they aren't always funny.

A recent Jazz club started on the northern Mass/southern NH border, http://www.jockosjazz.com, isn't listed. I've been seeing some great Jazz there. Just saw Gerry Bergonzi there last week.

Thanks for that, I know there are some others I've missed too, so please feel free to make other suggestions. I'll add Sahara in at the next update and try to get some of the gig dates up there too.

Tim

www.nejazzscene.com

www.tim-webb.com

there is no jazz in Southern Maine -

Apart from Kevin's previous response, there are couple more answers to this:

1. Yes there is, in my living room (I live in Kittery)

2. That's part of the problem, why do you think I started the site?

Part of the goal of the site is of course to get people out to see shows that are already happening. The other part is to eventually create NEW opportunites, put on concerts and so forth. It's going to be a long road.

Tim

www.nejazzscene.com

www.tim-webb.com

Part of the goal of the site is of course to get people out to see shows that are already happening. The other part is to eventually create NEW opportunites, put on concerts and so forth. It's going to be a long road.

Good luck to you, Tim--I don't live out east any longer, but it's nice to see anything that can help spread the music!

:tup

Edited by Peter Johnson