"Basie-ites" on Jubilee?

Dan Gould

Just ordered from Da Bastards, but I'm wondering if anyone can shed light on this one:

Basie-ites -- How High The Moon . . . LP . . . $8.99 (Item: 407754)

Jubilee, Late 50s Condition: Very Good View Cart

A really cooking session from key members of the Count Basie group of the 50s -- players that include Frank Foster, Frank Wess, Joe Newman, Freddie Green, Al Grey, and Thad Jones -- plus a young Barry Harris on piano, and the great Blue Mitchell on trumpet! There's a nicely crackling energy to this set that gets away from some of the other "Basie players without Basie" records from the time -- a relaxed, jamming sort of approach that really has the players opening up in the freedom away from the larger group. Some of the ballads here are actually the nicest numbers, played with a really mellow feel that has a strong focus on the soloists -- and titles include a longish take on "How High The Moon", plus the shorter numbers "When I Think About Lovin You", "My Old Flame", "Blue Moon", "Poor Butterfly", and "Stairway To The Stars". (Original pressing. The cover's top seam has started to split, it has some pieces of yellowed tape, and there's dj notation on the back.)

As in, was this reissued, perhaps under a different title? It all looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place such a session as being with Blue Mitchell and Barry Harris, so I went for it. Gots to be good, right? ;)

Just ordered from Da Bastards, but I'm wondering if anyone can shed light on this one:

Basie-ites -- How High The Moon . . . LP . . . $8.99 (Item: 407754)

Jubilee, Late 50s Condition: Very Good View Cart

A really cooking session from key members of the Count Basie group of the 50s -- players that include Frank Foster, Frank Wess, Joe Newman, Freddie Green, Al Grey, and Thad Jones -- plus a young Barry Harris on piano, and the great Blue Mitchell on trumpet! There's a nicely crackling energy to this set that gets away from some of the other "Basie players without Basie" records from the time -- a relaxed, jamming sort of approach that really has the players opening up in the freedom away from the larger group. Some of the ballads here are actually the nicest numbers, played with a really mellow feel that has a strong focus on the soloists -- and titles include a longish take on "How High The Moon", plus the shorter numbers "When I Think About Lovin You", "My Old Flame", "Blue Moon", "Poor Butterfly", and "Stairway To The Stars". (Original pressing. The cover's top seam has started to split, it has some pieces of yellowed tape, and there's dj notation on the back.)

As in, was this reissued, perhaps under a different title? It all looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place such a session as being with Blue Mitchell and Barry Harris, so I went for it. Gots to be good, right? ;)

http://www.jazzrecordrevival.com/popup.cfm...l&itemoid=14463