Youtube.com

Aggie87

I've been surfing videos at youtube.com over the past few days, having recently discovered them. There are some interesting things there, both musically and otherwise.

This one is a fun blast from the past:

Herbie Hancock - Rockit live in 1984

And here's an interesting Monk video... Thelonious Monk 1966

Anybody else find any noteworthy there?

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also a clip of Emerson Lake and Palmer playing 'Blue Rondo a la Turk'. Sound seems to be a bit out of synch, though...

Also lots of other 70s prog rock: Van der Graaf Generator, Gentle Giant, Genesis, Zappa, etc.

Edited by DatDere

• 3 weeks later...

A few nice Grateful Dead videos. . . including the Playboy after Dark.

There are some other Playboy after Dark videos on there too that I haven't checked out yet.

I missed this thread originally but learned about the site last week when it was written up in the NYT.

Anyway, if you search by B.B. King, there's a two-song Playboy After Dark appearance.

Best of all, my audio software allowed me to record the download as it played, so I added it to a compilation disc I've made of rarely heard/seen B.B. :)

A few nice Grateful Dead videos. . . including the Playboy after Dark.

There are some other Playboy after Dark videos on there too that I haven't checked out yet.

I missed this thread originally but learned about the site last week when it was written up in the NYT.

Anyway, if you search by B.B. King, there's a two-song Playboy After Dark appearance.

Best of all, my audio software allowed me to record the download as it played, so I added it to a compilation disc I've made of rarely heard/seen B.B. :)

:excl::tup