Recent Down Loads And Additions From E - Music

Soulstation1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

red garland and lockjaw (59)

sonny rollins - the solo album (60)

monk and trane 1957 sessions disc # 01 (61)

sam jones - the chant (62)

elmo hope - homecoming (63)

funkadelic - cosmic slop (64)

funkadelic - maggot brain (65)

miles davis quintet Discs 1 & 4 (66)

cannonball things are getting better (67)

Edited by Soulstation1

eMusic's newest pitch is an annual membership with unlimited downloads. I haven't done the math on that one, but it has to be a pretty good deal The problem, needless to say, is that it requires the outlay of a fair amount of cash at one time as opposed to paying on a month to month basis.

Up over and out.

Hi Dave,

I'm an eMusic member ($19.99 for 90 downloads), but I have never seen that new "unlimited downloads" membership option. Can you point out to me where that option might be on their website? I'd like to see if that would be worth it...

Cheers,

Shane

Am I missing something, or is the recent two CD release of the complete Red Garland's "At the Prelude" not on emusic--though tons of other recent Prestige titles (including the new Miles box and all the new Prestige RVGs) are available?

Enemy is back, I grabbed Highlife and Last Exit. Highlife is much more akin to a Santana album than a jazz album, but still quite good. I already have Guitar and Ask the Ages and they are great places to start.

Two new Marc Cary albums, I downloaded and am enjoying Focus, nice piano trio.

Two new George Garzone's. Alone is quite mainstream, The Fringe in New York somewhat more adventurous but still plenty melodic, with vibes added to the usual sax, bass and drums. Very nice.

I have to organize my collection in order to find which Funkadelics I don't already have.

• 3 weeks later...

Just downloaded Rahsaan's "Brotherman in the Fatherland" live album from 1972. Smokin'!

If you want live Rahsaan at the top of his game, check this one out. :tup

I've searched for this but can't find it. Has it been removed or is just not available to us poor relations in the UK?

Just downloaded Rahsaan's "Brotherman in the Fatherland" live album from 1972. Smokin'!

If you want live Rahsaan at the top of his game, check this one out. :tup

I've searched for this but can't find it. Has it been removed or is just not available to us poor relations in the UK?

Huh.........yeah, seems to be gone. Bummer. :(

Well, you can still get "Compliments Of The Mysterious Phantom". Not too shabby, either.

• 2 weeks later...