Recent Down Loads And Additions From E - Music

Soulstation1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Jazz in Paris has wandered over from Universal to Sunnyside and started appearing on eMusic. I grabbed:

Mary Lou Williams

Don Byas

Slide Hampton

Sonny Criss

Eddy Louiss

Lucky Thompson

Don't miss the Jazz Messengers with Morgan, Golson, Timmons

• 4 weeks later...

downloaded three Graham Collier records recently....great stuff, great BigBand arrangements.

- Darius

- Song for my farther

- Midnight blue

Cheers, Tjobbe

I wish I had realized that Collier was available, since I recently paid a bit more than I wanted for Deep Dark Blue Centre, which fairly recently went OOP. Inspired by your post, I went looking for it, and it is on emusic (under Graham Collier Septet). (It's a nice album and only 6 tracks. Also, Day of the Dead looks really promising.)

It turns out that most if not all of the whatmusic catalogue has been added. But I don't feel too, too bad, since it was added in late Jan. Anyway, there are some excellent CDs from this label, some very hard to come by, and I will try to download the ones I am missing over the next few months.

Dizzy Reece - Asia Minor

Earl Hines - Jazz in Paris

Jimmy Woods - Conflict

Jimmy Woods - Awakening!

Matthew Shipp - Pastoral Composure

Matthew Shipp - Equilibrium

Mulgrew Miller - Live at Yoshi's Vol 1 & 2

Tim Berne - The Sublime And Science Friction Live

Arthur Blythe - Focus

Just cancelled my membership -- I've got way too much music that I haven't listened to more than once or twice. As much as I love eMusic's jazz selections, I need some time to digest all of this.

I also find myself buying "real" (CD) copies of many of my downloads. VBR mp3's are nice, but they just aren't quite the "real thing".

e41020fpzf2.jpg

anyone DL this cd?

these clips sound really good

http://www.emusic.com/album/10604/10604879.html

Sure SS. That's a great album. :tup

DL it NOW!

Today I downloaded the new "The Raconteurs" album which was just released today, too, I believe. It's a Jack White (of the White Stripes) power-pop project. Sounds pretty good. FWIW, they also added all of the White Stripes albums. Is eMusic going commersh??!!?