Recent Down Loads And Additions From E - Music

Soulstation1

Dave Douglas - Songs for Wandering Souls & The Tiny Bells Trio

Paul Motian & the E.B.B. - Holiday for Strings & The Flight of the Blue Jay

Uri Caine - Bedrock

Have you had a chance to listen to the Douglas titles? If you only had enough credits to DL one of the Dave Douglas titles, which would it be?

Haven't had time to listen to The Tiny Bells Trio yet, but I really enjoyed Songs for Wandering Souls. Its the same line up on both and both were well reviewed, so I don't think you'd go wrong with either.

Update: I'd give The Tiny Bells Trio a slight edge just because they'd been playing together longer and they take more chances.

Edited by okierambler

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tipped off to a free gig by Brad Shepik, my son and I went and saw him play selections from his Human Activity Suite. It was nice, particularly when we went up afterwards and talked to Brad, Ralph Alessi and and Tom Rainey after the show. They were extremely gracious and nice to my son (he's only 5 but seemed to enjoy the music). Anyway, H.A.S. is on emusic as well as a bunch of other places. I put Shepik's Places You Go in the queue for next month.

Prior to this, McPherson's Mood and Jimmy Forrest's Out of the Forrest.

I almost got something from the Clusone 3, but it looked to be a better deal going through Amazon, so I'll probably do that tonight.

Tipped off to a free gig by Brad Shepik, my son and I went and saw him play selections from his Human Activity Suite. It was nice, particularly when we went up afterwards and talked to Brad, Ralph Alessi and and Tom Rainey after the show. They were extremely gracious and nice to my son (he's only 5 but seemed to enjoy the music). Anyway, H.A.S. is on emusic as well as a bunch of other places. I put Shepik's Places You Go in the queue for next month.

Prior to this, McPherson's Mood and Jimmy Forrest's Out of the Forrest.

I almost got something from the Clusone 3, but it looked to be a better deal going through Amazon, so I'll probably do that tonight.

I have the CD of Shepik's Human Activity Suite and enjoy it quite a bit, well worth the download.

I was reading on their message boards that the Concord titles are getting bit rate upgrades now but they will go to album pricing format "not at this time but soon" whatever that means.

If you have been sitting on any old 4-5 track Prestige or Riverside titles in your saved for later list I would grab as many as you can on your next refresh.

Edited by WorldB3

I was reading on their message boards that the Concord titles are getting bit rate upgrades now but they will go to album pricing format "not at this time but soon" whatever that means.

If you have been sitting on any old 4-5 track Prestige or Riverside titles in your saved for later list I would grab as many as you can on your next refresh.

And perhaps redownload some of your favorite OJCs to try to get the better bit rate (would be nice to know for sure). I wonder what will happen to the ability to redownload once they move to album pricing. I'm thinking probably you will "lose" your old dls.

I've been sort of hanging in there after the changes, but once they move most of the jazz CDs to album pricing, I think I will be done with them. It was a nice ride.

• 2 weeks later...

300x300.jpg300x300.jpg300x300.jpg300x300.jpg300x300.jpg300x300.jpg300x300.jpg300x300.jpg300x300.jpg

Harris Eisenstadt Canada Day (Clean Feed)

Bohuslan Big Band Plays Zappa (Imogena / Artspages)

Refuge (Winter & Winter

Dave Douglas A Single Sky (KOCH Records)

Uri Caine Ensemble The Othello Syndrome & Plays Mozart (Winter & Winter)

Marty Ehrlich Rites Quartet Things Have Got to Change (Clean Feed)

Ernst Reijseger Janna (Winter & Winter)

Steve Beresford, David Toop, John Zorn, Tonie Marshall Deadly Weapons (Nato / Zebralution0

• 2 months later...

Various Nigeria Special Modern Highlife, Afro-sounds & Nigerian Blues 1970-76

Holy moly, just heard this one the other day at a friend's and immediately ordered from Dusty Groove. Sooooooo good.

Edited by Noj

Holy moly, just heard this one the other day at a friend's and immediately ordered from Dusty Groove. Sooooooo good.

iT'S FACKIN AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME.

So is other stuff on the Soundway label.

So is other stuff on the Soundway label.

How'd I do that???????????????????

That's an awesome quirk of the new software if I don't say so myself.