Next 2 Mighty Quinn reissues up for preorder

Bluerein

Hello all,

just a note to let you all know the next 2 reissues from Mighty Quinn are up for pre-order (March release).

Roy Ayers: West Coast Vibes &

Ray Nance: Body & Soul

The pre-order price is $10.98. The Ayers was on my wish list for ages so I'm glad it is seeing the light of day finally!!!

http://www.mighty-quinn.net/Home.html

Edited by Bluerein

• 2 weeks later...

I placed an order for the Ayers and Nance discs with Mighty Quinn a week or so back, and I received this reply from Jerry @ MQ two days ago:

Thank you for your continued support. This is the way I saw my very small business growing. Repeat customers will be the only way to keep things moving forward. I just wanted you to know your repeat business means alot. The new releases our scheduled for March 14th, I'll ship them as soon as they arrive.

Peace,

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

just noticed that it has two bonus tracks from a Vi Redd album. Isn't she the saxophonist from the International Sweethearts of Rhythm? If so, I loved her playing with that band...

You're thinking of Viola Burnside, a good tenor player, I agree.

Vi Redd is an alto player & singer whose details can be found on the All Music Guide. AMG fails to mention a date she did with Marian McPartland in the 70's.

Excited about the Ayers and Nance--wonder what the Eddie Costa reissue will be?

Looks like it's going to be the "Memorial Concert", originally a Colpix LP taken from the in memoriam concert after Costa's death.

The actual concert lasted well over seven and a half hours.

F

Edited by Fer Urbina

I dunno man. Plenty of outhful looking 40-ish wome, especially when a wig is added, asn seems to be the cse w/this model.

I'm looking at the eyes and, in particular, the distance between the nose and the upper lip, and I'm seeing The Bronze Goddess of Fire!