Nightly Live Chat Cd Discussions and BS

Soulstation1

What's Friday's playlist?

Jack Wilson's EASTERLY WINDS, I hope!

I'm open to anything, but we've usually got a few people missing the selected music. This might restrict us to RVGs or Mosaics. We kind of decide the music on the wing then haggle over it for 15 minutes as we see if anyone is missing the disc.

Ron S. apparently has to overcome some kind of surreal obstacle course at home in order to reach his precious hoard of jazz cds.

BF remains alarmingly sober yet too willingly condescends down to our lower maturity levels--again without the stimulus of alcohol. (Not a good sign!) :P We'll forgive him once he gets his bottle of Scotch.

Let's try and play stuff everyone has; otherwise, some of us will have to listen to their own tunes, while reading about "gmfg!" "bjmfp!" etc.

If you've got an extensive music collection, this is the place to be!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If y'all want to pick a few in advance, I'll grab 'em and bring 'em back to work and join in tonight. What say you?

How about (if nobody's sick of it) Blue Train, for starters?

Anyone want to set a time?

I can't make it tonight, but I can likely join in Friday night.

Anyone else on EST around here who might want to join in on the fun?

Ron S. apparently has to overcome some kind of surreal obstacle course at home in order to reach his precious hoard of jazz cds.

Listen, Dude, when you have only 7 jazz CDs to your name, you have to keep them well-hidden.

Actually, I'm just a lazy MF (now you guys have ME usein' it).

Hey, I DID join in the Stanley and Shirley Love Fest last night. And I STILL wanna know if Major Holley ever made it to Colonel.

Jack Wilson's EASTERLY WINDS, I hope!

Somebody once told me that was a good CD.

He was right!! ;):cool:

If Big Al is picking the music, better make sure you dust off your Styx CDs! :w

Ooooooh..... why I oughta........ dirty rassenfrackenbracken :rmad::rmad::rmad::g

:lol:

Edited by Big Al

I would say, however, that you've got to lower your maturity level in order to enjoy what's going down. Otherwise, it would likely be dull.

Are you kiddin'? I have to raise my maturity level while present in the chat room. :D

You said it, not us! :P

Meanwhile...I recently picked up "Easterly Winds" on someone's recommendation (I don't remember who - probably Big Al). It hasn't lit a fire for me, but maybe I just need to give it time. After all, when you've got Lee Morgan and Jackie McLean on board, something's gotta be happening!

Meanwhile...I recently picked up "Easterly Winds" on someone's recommendation (I don't remember who - probably Big Al). It hasn't lit a fire for me, but maybe I just need to give it time. After all, when you've got Lee Morgan and Jackie McLean on board, something's gotta be happening!

Easterly Winds is just a damned fine session to me. I recommend it highly. My review is located here: http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...ndpost&p=243949.

If y'all want to pick a few in advance, I'll grab 'em and bring 'em back to work and join in tonight. What say you?

How about (if nobody's sick of it) Blue Train, for starters?

Anyone want to set a time?

I can't make it tonight, but I can likely join in Friday night.

Anyone else on EST around here who might want to join in on the fun?

I'll try to join in. Since I don't have a maturity level, shouldn't be a problem. What time?

I would say, however, that you've got to lower your maturity level in order to enjoy what's going down. Otherwise, it would likely be dull.

Are you kiddin'? I have to raise my maturity level while present in the chat room. :D

You said it, not us! :P

Jack Wilson, "Something Personal" is better. There's a Conn version, and I've always wanted to play that one on the joint-listening sessions, but no one else seemed to have it. Damn Big Al! :g

Lot of people floated in and out last night.

Participants: Aggie, BFrank, Wes, Jim A., Big Al, Conn,Free For All (later on), SS1 (for a little while) Uncle Skid.

Let's see if I can remember the playlist....

Jack Wilson, "Something Personal," Charles Earland, "Intensity," Miles at the Plugged Nickel, disc 2, Jimmy Smith, "The Sermon." Larry Young, "Unity." May have been another one...

Edited by connoisseur series500

Paul (Conn) conveniently fails to mention that he stopped in earlier last night when Hans (J.A.W.), Flurin (King Ubu), John (couw), and I were in there, proceeded to make some lame excuse about having to leave and come back later, and then booked. I think he just wanted to wait until the COOL kids showed up. :beee::rmad:

Paul (Conn) conveniently fails to mention that he stopped in earlier last night when Hans (J.A.W.), Flurin (King Ubu), John (couw), and I were in there, proceeded to make some lame excuse about having to leave and come back later, and then booked. I think he just wanted to wait until the COOL kids showed up. :beee::rmad:

Not at all.

I was enjoying the chat about art museums etc.

I had a buddy over and couldn't hang at that time.

Not at all.

I was enjoying the chat about art museums etc.

I had a buddy over and couldn't hang at that time.

Wait--you have friends in real life? :blink: You mean that's actually possible? :ph34r: