Mosaic Sale!

Alec

RUDY VAN GELDER SERIES ONLY $6 PER CD! 163 TITLES AVAILABLE!

BLUE NOTE CONNOISSEUR SERIES ONLY $9 PER CD! 47 TITLES AVAILABLE!

Here's How It Works - Buy a Mosaic Records boxed set. Then on the same order choose up to 3 Blue Note RVGs for only $6 each and/or Connoisseur reissues for $9 each (Double-CD sets for each series are $15 each). Buy two Mosaic Records boxed sets and save on 6 selected Blue Note CDs. There is no limit; purchase as many as Mosaic Records sets as you want and be entitled to a special promotion rate for 3 CDs for each Mosaic Records set purchased.

True Blue Music retails RVGs for $12.98 (promotion price of $6.00) and 2 CD sets for $26.98 (promotion price of $15.00).

True Blue Music retails Connoisseurs for $17.98 (promotion price of $9.00) and 2 CD sets for $26.98 (promotion price of $15.00).

If you order via the website, on the True Blue Music catalog page there are two Genre categories which list all the RVGs and Connoisseurs available. The items from both websites (www.mosaicrecords.com and www.truebluemusic.com) are included in the same shopping cart. The shopping cart will reflect the retail price of the Blue Note CDs. Please be assured that we will adjust the order to reflect the discount before the order is processed.

Some Rules: The purchase of any our 3 CD Mosaic Select series IS NOT included in this offer. The promotional price on Blue Note CDs is ONLY available with the purchase of a large-size Mosaic Records boxed set. All Mosaic Records boxed set purchases are eligible EXCEPT for our newest release, Oliver Nelson. Blue Note 2 CD sets are counted as 2 CDs. This offer expires February 28th.

Expiration date would seem to cover next month's RVGs. That's cool.

It does, per the email:

Also included in this promotion are the 12 new RVGs to be released in February:

Release Date: February 7th

Dexter Gordon - Gettin' Around

Andrew Hill - Smokestack

Hank Mobley - Workout

Lee Morgan - The Gigolo

Horace Silver - Horace-Scope

Stanley Turrentine - Joyride

Release Date: February 21st

Art Blakey - Mosaic

Dexter Gordon - A Swingin' Affair

Hank Mobley - Dippin'

Lee Morgan - Tom Cat

Horace Silver - Silver's Serenade

Jimmy Smith - Softly as a Summer Breeze

Just yesterday I ordered 2 Selects (Bechet & Amy) and didn't save $5 as one is "new" priced and I spent the other $5 on the Jazz Times sub. :P

Looks like at least one big box will be bought next month!

For those who didn't get the e-mail these pages might be helpful:

RVG list

List of Conns

-edited to provide better lists-

Edited by Quincy

I'll probably get the Mobley set (which I've been meaning to do for a couple years), and also the Turrentine set -- plus two or maybe three Selects while I'm at it (before the price increase on them in July).

That'd mean six Conns, brand new, for only $9 a pop -- which is definitely enough of a discount to get me to move on some boxes I'd eventually buy anyway (especially since I don't think the Mobley will last the year before it goes OOP).

Yikes, I'd better not total all that up -- I'm sure I'll get some serious sticker-shock!! :ph34r:

Well, I put in my BIG order with Mosaic yesterday, just in time to both take advantage of the new sale, and also to get the Jazz Times promotion (1 year for $5) before January was up.

I got the Mobley and Turrentine "big" sets, plus six Conns total for only $9 each (Dance with Death, Andrew!!!, Fuschia Swing Song, Contours, Tex Book Tenor, and Easterly Winds). And I also got four Selects: Curtis Amy, Carmell Jones, John Patton, and Charles Tolliver.

Yeah, I spent way, WAY too much. But the way I figure it, I "saved" $86 off of what the exact same sets would have cost me if I had waited until after the Selects went up $5 each in July, plus the savings from the Conns being so cheap. (Also, I would have never ordered so much all at the same time, so I added some shipping costs in there - to reflect the same purchases spread over three separate orders.)

Or in other words, I "saved" 17.6% off of what the same stuff would have cost later, spread over three orders.

And unless there's some AMAZING sets that come out soon -- sets that are MUST HAVE (and MUST HAVE 'EM NOW!!! :excited: ) type items -- I'm pretty sure I won't be ordering anything else from Mosaic for probably the next two or three years.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I know you'll enjoy the music, and that's the main thing, but three of those Conn's are currently available for $5.99 from yourmusic.com (Andrew!, Fuschia Swing Song, & Tex Book Tenor). The other three were previously available there are well.

I don't know if it's worth your effort to try and change your order or not, but you could get three other Conn's from them, and then pick these three up through yourmusic.com to save additional money.

And unless there's some AMAZING sets that come out soon -- sets that are MUST HAVE (and MUST HAVE 'EM NOW!!! :excited: ) type items -- I'm pretty sure I won't be ordering anything else from Mosaic for probably the next two or three years.

Some fabulous music you ordered there, Rooster. As for your last statement, yeah, I ALWAYS tell myself that after I place Mosaic order, large or small! ;) It never works.

Well, I put in my BIG order with Mosaic yesterday, just in time to both take advantage of the new sale, and also to get the Jazz Times promotion (1 year for $5) before January was up.

I got the Mobley and Turrentine "big" sets, plus six Conns total for only $9 each (Dance with Death, Andrew!!!, Fuschia Swing Song, Contours, Tex Book Tenor, and Easterly Winds). And I also got four Selects: Curtis Amy, Carmell Jones, John Patton, and Charles Tolliver.

Yeah, I spent way, WAY too much. But the way I figure it, I "saved" $86 off of what the exact same sets would have cost me if I had waited until after the Selects went up $5 each in July, plus the savings from the Conns being so cheap. (Also, I would have never ordered so much all at the same time, so I added some shipping costs in there - to reflect the same purchases spread over three separate orders.)

Or in other words, I "saved" 17.6% off of what the same stuff would have cost later, spread over three orders.

:rofl: Just how long have you been exhibiting these symptoms???? :rofl:

I think a consult from Achtung Dr. Freud Calling is in order!

I'm pretty sure I won't be ordering anything else from Mosaic for probably the next two or three years.
yeah right

can we hold you to that? ;)

Maybe. And by that, I mean maybe YES.

Part of the reason I bought so much this time around is that I'd only bought one thing from Mosaic for the last 3 or even closer to 4 years (the Andrew Hill Select, my first pre-order). It wasn't that I have such great self control (I certainly don't). It was purely because I didn't have the income to really justify being able to buy as much music as I had in previous years. But now I've got a new job again (starting late last Summer), and with the combined "sale" thru Feb, and "price increase" in July -- I quickly became a "motivated buyer"!! :g

(Well, I guess the other half-an-exception was getting the Byrd/Adams set right before it went OOP - but I traded my Don Cherry set to someone else on the board, and they bought me the Byrd/Adams -- so in a way, that doesn't count, since I didn't pay for it.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• 1 year later...