Classic music on vinyl

porcy62

I wish to fill many holes in my classic music collection. I noted that classical records are ridicolously cheap compared to jazz.

Here you got a brief list of what I am interested for.

Taking to account first: performance, second: quality or recording, third: availability. Obviuosly I wish analogue recording. Great Box set are welcome too.

Many, many thanks in advance

BACH Messa in si minore

Overture 1/2/3/4

Magnificat

L’opera per liuto

Passione di Giovanni

Concerti Brandenburghesi

BEETHOVEN

Sonate per piano 23 Appassionata (Gilels)

Sonate per piano 13

Sonate per piano 14

Sonate per piano 29/30/32

Concerti per violino, triploconcerto.

Sonate per piano e violoncello, violino e piano

Variazioni Diabelli

Missa Solemnis

Sinfonie 1/2/3/4/5/6/7

BRAHMS Musica da camera

Concerti

Eine deutsche requiem

BRUCKNER Sinfonie

DVORAK Concerto per violoncello, per piano

HAENDEL Messiah

Utrechter te deum

HAYDN Sinfonie 94/96/100/101/103/104

MAHLER sinfonie 4/5/6/7/8/9

MOZART Kronung messe

Concerti per piano 20/25

Concerti per corno 1/2/3/4

SCHUBERT La trota

Sinfonie 8/9

Trios

SCHUMANN sinfonia 2

SATIE opere per piano

But: who said anything about classical records being cheap?

Obviously there are some rare pressings and titles, but the average prices are good, I mean that mint original UK Decca or german Deutsche Grammophon are usually well under 15/20 bucks, and the box sets cost less then 5 buck for LP. They are even cheaper if you consider reissues instead of early pressings. The pressing quality is generally very good, and used records are generally well cared by previous owners. So you can find classical music on vinyl at the same price of new cd. At least in my experience.

Are Telarc classicals from the late seventies and early eighties still a so-called audiophile product? I've got a box of them still in their sealed "baggies" - all pedestrian titles but goodies. I recall that being the label of choice under DGrmphns.

I think they are digital masters tho, right? My dates might be wrong so I'll need to dig them out.

Are Telarc classicals from the late seventies and early eighties still a so-called audiophile product? I've got a box of them still in their sealed "baggies" - all pedestrian titles but goodies. I recall that being the label of choice under DGrmphns.

I think they are digital masters tho, right? My dates might be wrong so I'll need to dig them out.

Don't know about Telarc, my 'classical age' was earlier then that, late sixties, early seventies, my father's influence, at that time 'the' labels were DG and Decca. And the guys were Karajan, Solti, Giulini, Gilels, Klemperer. For a bizarre short circuit of my brain I always associated the greatest performances of classical music with 'cold war'. I should visit an analist for it. :crazy: