Ebay craziness

http://cgi.ebay.com/...d#ht_500wt_1156

All the Selects. An amazing deal, really at $33 per set. I have few completist collecting goals, but this is certainly one.

I was excited about this until I saw that you have to buy the entire collection, not individual sets. :blush:

Wish I had that amount of money right now..!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How about $162.50 for Braxton's Willisau (Quartet) 1991?. Granted, I've never even seen it on Ebay before, but there was a copy on Amazon for $130 earlier today, which I thought was too much. Still now there's one for $149. I threw my hat in the bidding and thought I had a chance at $85!

Wow. I got mine for $25 used not long after moving to Austin a few years ago. Seemed like a reasonable price at the time!

I think half the problem is finding a copy. Some of those Hats can be ludicrously scarce, like the Jimmy Lyons titles. I guess the few who have them, keep them.

edit: I mean Riffs and Push/Pull. I know Jump Up is more easily located.

Edited by colinmce

Sometimes I wish you weren't able to see completed listings. They haunt the mind ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPLETE-GLENN-MILLER-BLUEBIRD-1938-42-CD-SET-/400218044704?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item5d2edab920#ht_500wt_1156

Bizarro. The seller used a Buy-It-Now listing for $12.

One time I snagged 3 OOP Mosaics for between $75 and $100 each through BIN. The guy was selling his late father's collection and didn't know any better. I just happened to be searching for sets right after he placed them up for auction.

• 1 month later...

How about $162.50 for Braxton's Willisau (Quartet) 1991?. Granted, I've never even seen it on Ebay before, but there was a copy on Amazon for $130 earlier today, which I thought was too much. Still now there's one for $149. I threw my hat in the bidding and thought I had a chance at $85!

Wow. I got mine for $25 used not long after moving to Austin a few years ago. Seemed like a reasonable price at the time!

Market's not getting any better on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTHONY-BRAXTON-WILLISAU-QUARTET-1991-hat-4CD-/320726968202?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1430918513608068819#ht_735wt_948

Market's not getting any better on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTHONY-BRAXTON-WILLISAU-QUARTET-1991-hat-4CD-/320726968202?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1430918513608068819#ht_735wt_948

This one is up there with Vancouver condos in the Ponzi scheme league table. :lol:

• 2 months later...

This KD has been quietly going over 2K$ several times these past few years!

This one went for $2,025!

This one went for $2,025!

Amazing.

I had that on vinyl & when I sold my collection approx. 15 years ago I got $100 for it. :ph34r::shrug[1]:

• 8 months later...

So I almost never buy off ebay anymore. I've been buying since 1998. The last two times I have been scammed for used CDs that are so esoteric (and not "collectible") that I wonder what is going on there. A few months ago I was scammed by someone selling used Mauricio Kagel CDs (what?!) and now apparently two Masaaki Suzuki Bach Cantata CDs. Both sellers had impeccable selling feedback. The most recent one I was informed by ebay that "the items were put up for sale by an unauthorized person" and that I should claim my money back from the Resolution Center. When I go to the Resolution Center, it tells me that I am too early to file for a claim. The email is 100% genuine, and I wnet to the website wihout clicking the link in the email. Meanwhile eBay's online "help" doesn't cover for such a situation, and their "customer Service" phone number has no humans on the other end.

Has anyone else said "Fuck It, and You", to ebay recently?

• 7 months later...

In the same vein, an Andrew Hill box reached $476!

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

Doesn't make sense - all of the individual CDs are available (some are OOP but still easy to pick up) - nothing rare or exclusive about that

I was lucky enough to get Andrew to autograph the set when he played here in Brisbane in the late 90's

In the same vein, an Andrew Hill box reached $476!

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

Doesn't make sense - all of the individual CDs are available (some are OOP but still easy to pick up) - nothing rare or exclusive about that

I was lucky enough to get Andrew to autograph the set when he played here in Brisbane in the late 90's

It's the vinyl version, hence the price.

Andrew signed my CD set too a few years after that. Nice guy, a pleasure to chat with.