Ebay craziness

If I understand ebay listings correctly, there was no reserve price for this auction, as it should normally state "reserve has been met" next to the price. Or does that dissapear when the auction is finished?

But if you look at the bid history you must also check the bid time. I think the scenario was like this:

"happycddog" made a $200 proxy bid on June 6. The following days "cabot02" tried to outbid him by increasing his bids by $10 every time. Of course he was outbid everytime by happycddog's $200 proxy bid.

On June 11, 4:07, cabot02 - very desperate :D - made the >$280 proxy bid that won him the auction at the end. In the hours that followed, happycddog made two attempts to beat him, then renounced.

Could that be correct?

The full version of this (with booklit and such) is coming out in 3 months or so someone explain these to me.

They even add that they are promo's and one even mentions the full version is coming out soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2537106699 :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...2&category=1056

These guys obviously know how reliable Columbia release dates are !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chaney

WOW! What a great deal shrugs! I'm all over this one!

And, as my winning information is sent via e-mail, there's no shipping and handling charges! I HAD NO IDEA!

There's a :wacko: born every minute.

:D

Jeez, I didn't know there were guys on ebay selling positive feedback (and getting free positive feedback in return):

Positive Feedback + Amazing Recipe for Hummus ($0.99)

"I will give you positive feedback very fast once you purchase this recipe"

3 GUACAMOLE Recipes~ FAST FEEDBACK!! ($0.99)

"I love to give positive feedback to paying bidders, and I do so immediately after payment is received through Paypal!!"

Edited by Claude

Claude, this has been a major racket on eBay for as long as I've been there. The worst was when people were taking advantage of the charity auctions for 9/11 victims by padding their feedback, and eBay was reluctant to crack down due to their flagwaving over the charity in their press releases.

Tony, that's pretty funny. Actually, a lot of his responses to the feedback he receives are pretty funny. Here's some more:

Praise : Thank you for such a smooth transaction!!!! A pleasure to do business with

Response by phoneloser-rbcp - If by "transaction" you mean "cock" then you're welcome, sir!

Praise : Payment received. An asset to ebay. A PLEASURE!

Response by phoneloser-rbcp - It was good for me too, baby...

Praise : Received the CD very promptly!!

Response by phoneloser-rbcp - Hope you enjoy the 1 good song on this CD.

Praise : Thanks a million!

Response by phoneloser-rbcp - Buyer is being misleading, only thanked me 2 times.

Praise : Great seller! Would buy from again anytime!

Response by phoneloser-rbcp - I have listed other items since this transaction, he never bought any of them.

Praise : Thanks, just what the doctor ordered.

Response by phoneloser-rbcp - I'm glad I could help, I hope the itching goes away.

Praise : Quick shipment, great commincation

Response by phoneloser-rbcp - TOO BAD I DIDN'T SELL YOU A DICTIONARY! HAHAHA! I KILL ME!

Praise : GREAT !!!!!! I wish all sellers are like you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A+++++

Response by phoneloser-rbcp - What a racist thing to say!@#$&%@*

Praise : Love the cd. Great price, quick delivery. Thanks!

Response by phoneloser-rbcp - I had stolen the CD from K-mart, that's why I was able to sell it so cheap.

:g

• 2 weeks later...

So, how are eBay prices in general these days (craziness aside). Seems like things are selling pretty cheap.

I've got a heap of stuff to sell, much of it semi-desireable (Basra, True Blue, Symphony for Improvisers), but I don't want to be selling into a market where these things bring $10 or less. (Yeah, I know I can set minimum bids, but why go to the trouble if they aren't likely to be met?)