Ebay craziness

From Dusty Groove:

Chet Baker -- Koln Concert Featuring Dick Twardzik . . . CD . . . $11.99 (Item: 403314)

RLR (Spain), 1955 Condition: New Copy

A previously-unissued treasure from the Chet Baker tour of Europe in 1955 -- a rare live performance that features some of the last recorded work by pianist Dick Twardzik! The concert is presented here in its near-entirety -- complete with an announcement from promoter Gigi Campi, and a few spoken bits by Chet that offer a nice glimpse of his presence on the bandstand -- but it's the music itself that's the real highlight here, as the quartet of Baker, Twardzik, bassist Jimmy Bond, and drummer Peter Littman come off with a harder edge than some of Baker's studio sides from back home -- showing some of the more soulful aspects of Chet's work that would show up near the end of the 50s, and also presenting some of Twardzik's most strongly voiced work on the keys! Recording quality is relatively strong, and titles include "Exitus", "Imagination", "Tommyhawk", "Yellow Tango", "CTA", "Cool Blues", and "I'll Remember April".

So, this is the RLR disc.

Also available at Jazzmessengers.com for $11.95

ARTIST: CHET BAKER

TITLE: KOLN CONCERT

LABEL: RLR RECORDS

112894.jpg

ORDER CODE: DIS-112894

BAR CODE: 8436006496189

LABEL CODE: RLR 88618

RECORDED: 0

FORMAT: CD

NUMBER OF DISCS: 1

DESCRIPTION: DIGIPACK

PREVIOUSLY UNISSUED ON ANY FORMAT!

This new CD contains the complete legendary October 9, 1955 concert at the Köln Börsensaal recorded twelve days before Twardzik's tragic death in Paris.

Includes an extensive booklet with rare photos, memorabilia and insightful liner notes.

For a live recording, the audio material included here is of exceptional quality, especially for the year in which it was recorded (1955). We are sure will not disappoint even the most discerning listener!

Personnel: Chet Baker (tp, voc), Dick Twardzik (p), Jimmy Boyd (b) & Peter Littman (d) with guest appearances on two tracks from Hans Koller (ts) & Willi Sanner (bs).

Tracks:

1. Announcement by Gigi Campi and Chet Baker

2. Exitus (Phil Urso)

3. Announcement by Chet Baker

4. Tommyhawk (Johnny Mandell)

5. Imagination (J.Burke-J.Van Heusen)

6. Chet Baker presents Dick Twardzick's solo feature

7. Yellow Tango (Dick Twardzick)

8. Someone To Watch Over Me (G. & I. Gershwin)

9. C.T.A. (Jimmy Heath)

10. My Funny Valentine (Rodgers-Hart)

11. Announcement: Campi introduces Hans Keller and Willi Sanner

12. Cool Blues (Charlie Parker)

13. I'll Remember April (De Paul-Johnston-Raye)

14. Exitus (Phil Urso) (Theme) / Closing words by Chet Baker

Total Time: 78:38 mins.

Price: 11,95€ BUY NOW

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

speaking of negative freedback, i left some for a seller from england. he waited two weeks to ship the box set (not a mosaic) i won. it finally arrived three weeks after the auction closed, but it was damaged due to shoddy packaging. his reply to my feedback was that i should have contacted them sooner, and it was a shame that i neglected them! :blink: i posted a follow-up comment pointing out that the neglect was clearly their's for waiting so long to ship the box and for using inadequate packaging materials. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...