Ebay craziness

Somehow this doesn't seem right. Basically only one bidder and it's already up to $279.95?? What's up with that?

Lee Morgan Mosaic - ebay

Auctions with 'ntumc' being the current high bidder:

$795.00 NAT COLE-COMPLETE- MOSAIC LP SET- MINT!

$182.50 Larry Young Complete Blue Note on Mosaic LP's

$4.50 NAT KING COLE w George Shearing 1961 NM !

$5.50 CONNIE FRANCIS rare Femmena LP 1963 Mint !

$279.95 LEE MORGAN -COMPLETE- MOSAIC CD'S-SEALED!

$249.95 PHIL WOODS QUARTET/QUINTE-MOSAIC LP SET- M-!

AND two weeks ago he paid $511.37 for the Mosaic BuddyDeFranco vinyl set.

:excited:

Looks like we have a Monkeyman in the making.

You can use Paypal, only if you're willing to cover the 4% charge for the seller! So, add another $80 at least to the price. That sounds fair to me. :lol:

Or if you're feeling mean, you can report the auction to eBay, and get it yanked; this is definitely a violation of eBay rules, at least in the U.S....

Auctions with 'ntumc' being the current high bidder:

$795.00 NAT COLE-COMPLETE- MOSAIC LP SET- MINT!

$182.50 Larry Young Complete Blue Note on Mosaic LP's

$4.50 NAT KING COLE w George Shearing 1961 NM !

$5.50 CONNIE FRANCIS rare Femmena LP 1963 Mint !

$279.95 LEE MORGAN -COMPLETE- MOSAIC CD'S-SEALED!

$249.95 PHIL WOODS QUARTET/QUINTE-MOSAIC LP SET- M-!

AND two weeks ago he paid $511.37 for the Mosaic BuddyDeFranco vinyl set.

:excited:

Looks like we have a Monkeyman in the making.

Lawrence Marable - Tenorman went from $22.00 to a high bid of $69.00 within seconds of the auction closing on Sunday - October 5th. For those who are interested in this set, it's available on a Japanese import from Red Trumpet for $18.99. Unfortunately, I don't think it contains the additional track that was available on the US reissue from the late 1980's, but then again is the additional track worth $50.00?

Take a look at the batch of interesting CDs this guy is selling. :D

OMG, what a trip!!! Funny as hell when you see just the titles of the CD's, but then click on a few of them. Then click on some more.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And then from one of the auctions itself...

Fans of the guitar will no doubt enjoy guitarist Rob Howard's fiery playing throughout these tracks, as well as Matt Baumann's saxophone, Jason Gahler's facile bass chops, Ben Langlois' gentle touch on the fender Rhodes piano and Matt Schieferstein's absolutely monstrous drumming (very much in the Cobham tradition!).

"facile bass chops" and "gentle touch on the fender Rhodes"...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Monk Vogue Set Promo Copy

Looks like e-bay Mosaic extortion is alive and well. Check out the 'buy it now' price. I wasn't aware that promos merited a premium for these .. :wacko:

Darn the luck! I was going to bid $500 on this puppy, but it says "serious collectors only". I've never collected seriouses in my life, so I guess I'll have to pass... :g

The decription of that 'Mode for Joe' test pressing contains the following line:

I didn't do an "A/B" test, but I have no reason to believe that the music is any different than what appeared on the commercial product.

Wouldn't it have been much more interesting if the music wasn't the same? :)

Re the Monk Black Lion/Vogue Mosaic, I take it that youse guys know that a 3 CD set of the Black Lion recordings, with more tracks and better sound, is available for about $10 from the likes of Zweitausendeins.de. I have that set, and handsome it is.

I'm not too sure about the availability of the Vogue sides - all I have is a burn from a friend, as it was then OOP. As I have $500 that I don't need, maybe I'll "buy it now". :D