Ebay craziness

I love this description from the Paragon website:

We play music. However, what kind of music do we play? That is when the question gets murky. Do we call it jazz? Maybe. However, we play mostly in rock venues! Do we all it rock? Maybe. Yet we improvise over sophisticated chord progressions, and use NOTATED music!

WOW! :o Sophisticated chord progressions and notation, eh? Well, you lost me.

I love this description from the Paragon website:

We play music. However, what kind of music do we play? That is when the question gets murky. Do we call it jazz? Maybe. However, we play mostly in rock venues! Do we all it rock? Maybe. Yet we improvise over sophisticated chord progressions, and use NOTATED music!

WOW! :o Sophisticated chord progressions and notation, eh? Well, you lost me.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stop it, Jim; it's too early in the day for this shit!!

would love to know how he keeps getting jazz cds to sell - someone die and have a 20,000 jazz cd collection????

Exactly. I know a very good second hand jazz record dealer - unfortunately he had to go out of business for reasons of poor health - who got several large collections that way, and one of them had a complete selection of the Chronological Classics CDs. Jazz Is Beck, a German mail order shop, offered a subscription to these until recently, and quite a few jazz lovers didn't miss a single issue.

Did you see what else your linky dink is selling? Wow! I would love to get that one -- too bad, no money. :(

Linky Dink Guy

Damn!!!! Imagine what a real one would go for???? I see the fake ones(I assume) a fair bit at car shows around ATL...they look great, and if you have to pay into 6 figures for a real one, I say replicas are a good idea...of course, I have two cars that didn't cost a third of this reserve not met vehicle....of course, they aren't as fast either, but I would take on a Cobra any day at a demolition derby! ^_^

would love to know how he keeps getting jazz cds to sell - someone die and have a 20,000 jazz cd collection????

Exactly. I know a very good second hand jazz record dealer - unfortunately he had to go out of business for reasons of poor health - who got several large collections that way, and one of them had a complete selection of the Chronological Classics CDs. Jazz Is Beck, a German mail order shop, offered a subscription to these until recently, and quite a few jazz lovers didn't miss a single issue.

Man, to not miss an issue would be great! :blink:

It is sad to buy a used cd, and to think someone who loved jazz most likely died for you to get it...I have gotten some cds with little post-it notes saying when it was listened to, in shaky handwritting. perhaps bittersweet is better than sad, as the jazz isn't just sitting in a damp basement, or tossed in a dumpster, but being listened to by the next jazz fan...

and Brownie, don't feel foolish!!! Get it wherever you can!!! ;) besides, I get outbid half the time I bid on this sellers cds....