Ebay craziness

Don't people check to see if something is still readily available before spending more money than they should?!

Grachan Moncur Mosaic Select

My Webpage

Just think, the Seller is one of our very own!!! :g:g

Go gregpuck

In all fairness, I think he offered it here first for considerably less. I know because I missed it. Still do not know what to think about the sound on this one. Many differing opinions.........

Take a look at this auction for Jack Wilson's Easterly Winds, currently $46. I wonder if we can trust this seller. Some guy named weizen :g . Maybe I should think about selling my copy. Heck, I was lucky and only got it for $12 new!

Who's that seller......mooshecat ....or copycat? :P;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...9&category=1056

One of the latest "tricks" for sellers is to charge an excessive amount on shipping, thereby keeping top bid prices down and save on Ebay's fee cut. They may get less money for the actual item, but make up the difference on shipping.

Why didn't anyone think of this before...

From the item description:

Japanese Original Item which was available in in a quantity of 500 copies only. Definetely OUT OF PRINT! This is one of most unique release projects. Paraphrasing the lengthy text on the LP, Yoshihide Otomo recorded an album and pressed up to 500 copies. Then he played these 500 copies continuously for three weeks at Xebec hall in Kobe in an attempt to wear out the records. Of the sounds created during the three weeks of playing the 500 records continuously he composed another album. This double LP set has one LP on black vinyl and one one clear vinyl. The black vinyl is one of the 500 that played continuously, and the clear vinyl LP is the second composition based on sounds created by the playing of the black vinyl LP. This took place in 1996-97, and the LP was released in 1997, 500 copies only. The LP´s come in a clear, printed PVC sleeve with an essay by Yoshihide Otomo explaining the process, written both in English and Japanese.

Condition Record/Cover: M-/M-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2584899175

One of the latest "tricks" for sellers is to charge an excessive amount on shipping, thereby keeping top bid prices down and save on Ebay's fee cut. They may get less money for the actual item, but make up the difference on shipping.

Yeah,

I did that on some of my auctions.

A penny min. bid with a $3.50 shipping charge for an LP.

Ebay still got some extra fees for the PayPal amount. :lol: