Ebay craziness

I mean, I know this don't go cheap, but this seems a bit much ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rahsaan-Complete-Mercury-Recordings-Roland-Kirk-Box-Rahsaan-Roland-Kirk-CD-1990-/341637206837?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4f8b2a1335

Seems especially greedy, as they have so many copies :rolleyes:

Even more interesting is that the seller shows "More than 10 available."

He must have come upon some overlooked warehouse stock, and at that price he'll probably keep it!

• 3 weeks later...

Possible new record for a per CD asking price on eBay. Some guy in my home town for cryin' out loud, wants $400 for the 3-CD Thad Jones Mosaic. At $133.00 per disc, that's about as high as it gets. Hope he won't be too shocked when no one bites.

:wacko: $133 for the whole thing would be at the high end.

No, I suppose I'm not being entirely true to the thread's title. I got it from Reckless Records in Chicago. Just about the only major metropolitan record store I know that posts its used inventory online for purchase. They generally deal in rock, so they undervalue any jazz that's not Miles or Trane. I've scored several great deals on other Mosaics and OOP items in the past, so I check up regularly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not so much crazy price-wise, but one to drool over-- all 3 volumes of Commodore, sealed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPLETE-COMMODORE-JAZZ-MOSAIC-LPs-VOL-1-3-SEALED-/190464897266?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2c5897b0f2#ht_1601wt_1137

That's the lady who's been selling new OOP Mosaics for some time now, all with low numbers, though not as low as the ones coming from Mr. Cuscuna (bluenotesound). I figure she's connected to an old Mosaic exec.

Not so much crazy price-wise, but one to drool over-- all 3 volumes of Commodore, sealed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPLETE-COMMODORE-JAZZ-MOSAIC-LPs-VOL-1-3-SEALED-/190464897266?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item2c5897b0f2#ht_1601wt_1137

That's the lady who's been selling new OOP Mosaics for some time now, all with low numbers, though not as low as the ones coming from Mr. Cuscuna (bluenotesound). I figure she's connected to an old Mosaic exec.

It sold for $1091,65

Complete Commodore

• 1 month later...

How about $162.50 for Braxton's Willisau (Quartet) 1991?. Granted, I've never even seen it on Ebay before, but there was a copy on Amazon for $130 earlier today, which I thought was too much. Still now there's one for $149. I threw my hat in the bidding and thought I had a chance at $85!

• 3 weeks later...