Oct conns?

reg

which is the one you are most looking forward to?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hear you, brownie. Even though I may not have the original vinyl, it's really hard for me to pick up a reissue of something I already have when there's so much out there that I haven't even heard yet. Unfortunately for my wallet, this group falls into the latter category...

Edited by Jazzmoose

Very few of those reissues really improve on the

original vinyls.

:rsmile: I have to agree. Still, this is a really excellent line up of new Conns from BN. My choice will have to be the Hill, although I'm curious to hear Mobley's 'The Flip' in full. I have several of the tracks on compilations but have never heard the full session.

The rest I have in vinyl, which is my preference anyway, in one form or another. 'Fuchsia' is absolutely superb, so good that I've sought out a copy of the original ST-84184 release, although it also sounds pretty damn good too on the Mosaic vinyl. I've just been spinning the Toshiba vinyl of 'Bossa Nova Bacchanal' by Rouse. Nothing earth shattering but a nice session in the style of the Getz/Gilberto collaborations of that time, Kenny Burrell also plays nicely on this one - there's a second guitarist too by name of Chauncey 'Lord' Westbrook. If you want a laid back, groovin' selection, you won't be disappointed. Sort of reminds me of Ike Quebec's 'Soul Samba' in terms of feel but definitely with an eye to commercial sales potential.

'Sonic Boom' and 'Mother Ship' I also have in vinyl and I'm sure that both of these will score highly with the board membership. You can't go wrong IMO with late-BN Larry Young and the Morgan has some very nice interaction with David Newman, plus the usual fireworks from Billy Higgins. Nice stuff.

Edited by sidewinder

I wonder if we are expecting too much of the Hill? I'm not as keen as some people on previously unreleased sessions, in this case because this one has gone well to the bottom of the pile - Hill's unreleased catalog has had many bites of the cherry with BN both on vinyl and on CD. Having said that, Hill seems to have approved it...