Borders Coupons

mgraham333

I went to Borders and I got my 4 for 3. The sales clerk asked me if I owned my business, which I do. He said jazz afficionados are more likely to own their own businesses. Anyhow he told me that there is 20% discount on items not on sale for business owners. Naturally I filled out an application. I'm curious to see how it turns out. Anybody hear of this?

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can ususally find them here when there are some available.

When you make any purchase at Borders the cashier will ask you if you would like to leave your email address to receive...blah....blah....

Some of us did and receive the occassional coupon link via email which we in turn post here for the rest of the members to share.

i haven't used one of these in a while. it says only one per customer. how are they going to know if you use one a day until the 13th?

They won't.

Well, I was planning to head to Borders this weekend to find a book for Dad, and I got both a 25% off one book coupon and a 25% off one CD coupon in my e-mail, so I guess I'll also be finding a CD for myself!

Edited by Dan Gould

My wife works for the federal government (U.S. Dept. of Education), and she got this in her work e-mail today. I would assume that "civil servants" means anyone who works for any governmental agency (or frankly, any company that has a name that even sounds governmental).

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 8:18 AM

Subject: Borders Public Service Perks

Borders Books & Music Stores are offering savings to civil servants later this month, the company announced Tuesday. As part of Public Service Savings Days, civil servants, postal workers, firefighters, police officers and military personnel will receive 20% off regularly priced books and music and 15% off regularly priced DVDs. The promotion runs from Friday, June 25, through Sunday, June 27. Government employees will be required to show a current pay-stub or official identification to qualify for the discount.

"Borders thinks it's about time we give back to those who do so much for our communities everyday," the company said in a release.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this the other day:

http://www.bordersstores.com/features/feat...riendsandfamily

It's good 7/9-7/12.

I used this coupon today and the clerk took 20% off the entire purchase.

I thought it was good for one item only. Maybe this was a mistake on her part, but she seemed quite confident and who am I to question an employee's self-esteem? B)

Anyone else get this deal?

I think you're right, Greg, now that I read it again. I'm glad I didn't know it at the time or I would have rationalized a much bigger purchase! :alien:

I understand completely- I've convinced myself into getting one double (Sonny Rollins at the Vanguard) and two single ECMS, which I only buy when I have Borders coupons because they are priced higher than most other CDs regularly. But I could do a lot of damage if I let myself!

Anybody have any fresh Borders coupons?? The last one expired yesterday (or at least the last one I knew about), just in time to NOT be available for use for the RVG's that just came out today.

Thanks!!!! -- Rooster

I'm ichin' for the RVG of "Black Fire", but not enough to pay full price for it.

PS: Here's a link to some Borders Coupons, though they're all expired (at the moment). BUT, the link appears to go to a dynamic page that will likely include other Borders coupons in the future, though!!! Link: http://www.xpbargains.com/st_deals.php/Borders_deals.htm

EDIT: Here's a 10% off coupon (good through the end of July), though I'm still looking for something better. http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/JuneChicagoCouponPage.html

Edited by Rooster_Ties

The $8.99 Blue Notes are already discounted, so the 20% off coupon will not apply. :blink:

Yeah, but not all the Blue Notes are $8.99. In my experience, the most recent two or three rounds of RVG's are never included in the "$8.99" sales.

So, a 20% coupon means that the newest RVG's are $11.99 minus $2.40 equals $9.59, which is still pretty darn close to $8.99.