mgraham333

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

30% off one item with purchase of $10 or more

...through 9/24

The coupon says "discount on electronics and video games is 10%".

Didn't someone say that CDs were considered "electronic" items? I hope not.

That was me. I've been hit with that "CDs being electronics" once or twice -- ususally on box sets. 99% of the time this type of coupon works on CDs.

• 2 weeks later...

Are people here really finding good deals at Border's even with the 30% off coupon? I wanted to take advantage but since the 30% is only off their retail price, I still found that everything I wanted could be had for (often significantly) less from various places on the internet even after shipping costs were added.

Edited by mikelz777

Are people here really finding good deals at Border's even with the 30% off coupon? I wanted to take advantage but since the 30% is only off their retail price, I still found that everything I wanted could be had for (often significantly) less from various places on the internet even after shipping costs were added.

I wouldn't say I've found great deals, but I have been using these coupons routinely on some SACD's at Borders, mostly Fantasy SACD's. In the past few days, I've picked up Pepper's Gettin' Together and Dolphy's Out There SACD's for about $14 each. The retail prices are about $18.99, so the 30% brings them down to what I consider a reasonable price for some good SACD's that you won't be able to buy just anywhere.

I've also picked up a few recent Blue Note RVG's for about $8 or so. Nothing earth-shattering, but the msrp is low enough on the Blue Note RVG's that when you want one and you see it at Borders, it's nice to know you can get it for a reasonable price so long as you have a coupon.

And of course, if you happen to find something at Borders that is OOP and you would snap up anyway, the coupon sweetens the deal.

But in general, even 30% off msrp is not enough to get me to buy something at Borders.

I wouldn't say I've found great deals, but I have been using these coupons routinely on some SACD's at Borders, mostly Fantasy SACD's. In the past few days, I've picked up Pepper's Gettin' Together and Dolphy's Out There SACD's for about $14 each.

You found jazz SACDs at Borders???? :blink:

Where is this Borders? I'd like to take a picture of it and show it to the Borders stores down here!

I wouldn't say I've found great deals, but I have been using these coupons routinely on some SACD's at Borders, mostly Fantasy SACD's. In the past few days, I've picked up Pepper's Gettin' Together and Dolphy's Out There SACD's for about $14 each.

You found jazz SACDs at Borders???? :blink:

Where is this Borders? I'd like to take a picture of it and show it to the Borders stores down here!

Yup, a decent amount of Jazz SACD's, and a few DVD-Audio's as well. This is in NYC--Columbus Circle. They have other SACD's that I already own, like Monk and Coltrane. Again, most if not all of the SACD's I have found there are Fantasy. I would be surprised though if they order more when I buy the ones they have. For all I know, they could have been sitting there for years.