Borders Coupons

mgraham333

Up for a reminder to use the above coupon today or tomorrow. This is a good one to pick up those "pricey" titles you've been wanting. :)

Any idea if these are good for CDs I've asked them to hold at the checkout for me?

The coupon's exclusions read, "Does not apply to special orders, reservations or easy shipping."

Although I seriously doubt they would make a deal about it.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very nice coupon, but good only on Monday 11/12 and Tuesday 11/13.

40% off up to three CDs

Thanks, got Herbie's Sextant & Duke's Blues In Orbit along with his Black, Brown and Beige suite w/ Mahalia Jackson too for 6 bucks a pop.

picked up larry young's mothership

You mean this coupon still works today?

For anyone that slept through the 40% coupon, here's the consolation prize: 30% off purchase of $10 or more through the 18th.

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon301115.htm

For future reference, I successfully used the 40% off CD coupon on a 2-disc set the other day (the new Aretha Franklin rarities set). It probably helped that I checked out with 2 single SACD's also, so it was just mixed in. YMMV, but worth a shot in the future.

Edited by jeffrey r

For future reference, I successfully used the 40% off CD coupon on a 2-disc set the other day (the new Aretha Franklin rarities set). It probably helped that I checked out with 2 single SACD's also, so it was just mixed in. YMMV, but worth a shot in the future.

That's interesting. I just assumed the computer automatically sorted things out as far as what was eligible for the discount.

That's interesting. I just assumed the computer automatically sorted things out as far as what was eligible for the discount.

I don't think the computer does it. Awhile ago I used a similar Borders coupon to purchase Zawinul's Brown Street (which is two discs in a slim case). Coupon claimed to be for single disc items, but the worker applied it to Zawinul (as well as some single RVGs). The original price on Brown Street wasn't that high, so that may have contributed to my ability to use the coupon.

...Just don't try to use it on the complete Ella songbooks box (or something similarly huge).

• 3 weeks later...

The Borders coupons are coming fast and furious as of late...........

All single CDs $10.99

Limit three.......through 12/12 (Wednesday)

Time to pick up those expensive titles! :)

I used mine tonight, bought 3 $18.99 titles for $10.99 each. The guy who rang me up never asked for my Borders card, which is I assume how they link you w/the coupon (keeping you from using it over and over). So I guess I'll try to use it again! Does that make me a bad person?

Plus, with my receipt I got another "30% off one item" coupon.

Edited by Free For All

So I guess I'll try to use it again! Does that make me a bad person?

Vibes and Sandy may disagree with me on this, FFA, but I don't think retailers would mind if you come back and use a coupon again. I think the idea is to get you into the store to buy something you hadn't planned on at full price. By using the coupon a second time, you are visiting the store a second time, which is what they want. That's my guess.

So I guess I'll try to use it again! Does that make me a bad person?

Vibes and Sandy may disagree with me on this, FFA, but I don't think retailers would mind if you come back and use a coupon again. I think the idea is to get you into the store to buy something you hadn't planned on at full price. By using the coupon a second time, you are visiting the store a second time, which is what they want. That's my guess.

Well, based on the amount of my income that goes to Borders, I don't feel terribly guilty. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...