Borders Coupons

mgraham333

Not that these coupons are hard to find or anything but I noticed that Borders finally killed off the perpetual 20% coupon that could be found at www.visitborders.com - in fact that entire site is gone.

New borders site: http://beta.bordersstores.com/online/store/Home

I don't know how new this site is; I've been using it for months.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've alluded to somewherre in this thread, 20% off doesn't really make Borders competitive, and I'd far rather support a local. (To be honest, I've never bought anything with a coupon at Borders, and I haven't bought ANYTHING there in a decade or more.) But I can see the coupon being of some value to a guy in Modesto California (Do they have a Borders there? Stockton has one, but they also have a Rasputins. Sorry, I digress)

Even with a coupon, I have a hard time finding something of interest at my 2 local Borders due to their sad dwindiling inventory. :mellow:

I know what you mean. I checked out my south location tonight and remarked to myself that there's really no more reason to go....and on Record Store Day no less... for shame.

I was in the Arlington store last weekend, and it looked like they were in the process of seriously scaling back their CD selection.

I noticed last week in my Borders store that they had just done a big reorgnization of the CD area and that the jazz section now takes up about half the space it used to. Looks like the beginning of the end.

....happened to the store a few miles from my home this week....sad~

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the Arlington store last weekend, and it looked like they were in the process of seriously scaling back their CD selection.

I noticed last week in my Borders store that they had just done a big reorgnization of the CD area and that the jazz section now takes up about half the space it used to. Looks like the beginning of the end.

....happened to the store a few miles from my home this week....sad~

I was in there the other day to buy a book (imagine that!). The CD section is literally cut in half now. You can see where the bins used to be by the marks in the carpet. That space is now taken up by comfy chairs ("Not the comfy chair!!!") and endtables. I don't know how that generates more revenue, but I guess that's why I'm not in charge of Borders.

I print these coupons out of habit, but I hardly ever use them anymore. But that may have as much to do with my ever-dwindling interest in jazz as much as anything else.

I went to my south Borders location today and was shocked. The entire music section had been shrunk, not just the jazz. This is truly the beginning middle of the end...

borders_decline.jpg

I hear they sent back 17,000 titles to the distributor (books, DVD, and music).

The entire music section fits into what the jazz selection looked like 2 years ago.