Borders Coupons

mgraham333

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Borders closest to me has totally eliminated their CD section so I'm not really interested in them any more unless I'm in the area, need to kill some time and there's nothing else going on. Sometimes the coupons can be worthwhile. The 40% off coupon roused my interest but that's off the retail price so it actually only brings the price down to where it it sometimes competitive with other retailers. It's rare that I find the price after coupon to be compelling enough to buy an item there (or online) rather than somewhere else.

Edited by mikelz777

It's funny, I used to jump on these coupons. I don't even go to Borders anymore.

Use them online: http://www.borders.com.

I guess my point is that Borders doesn't really have much anymore that interests me. As far as DVDs and books, as mikelz777 said, the coupons reduce from FULL retail so the deals aren't particularly competitive with online options. The 40% coupon is about the only one I pay attention to, and the last time I went to use one I couldn't find anything I wanted.

I used to go to Borders to for music and would usually browse the rest of the store and often pick up a couple impulse items. I miss browsing CDs- it's not nearly as much fun online.

I used the recent 40% off coupon to pick up the Rhino Big Star box set at my local Borders. But there's not a lot (music-wise, anyway) there that interests me much anymore.

I'm hoping they stock the deluxe Bitches Brew set like they did with the KOB one, and another 40% off coupon comes along then. A couple of the Borders stores in my area still have copies of the big KOB set in their locked cases - no takers even when they had them on sale at 50% off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...