Sale on Bluebird Jazz at bestbuy.com

Several Gil Scott-Heron discs there (full albums, not just comps), and a couple significant Ellington discs too (also not comps).

A few Lonnie Liston Smith titles, and Sonny Rollins discs too - also not comps.

Don't overlook pages "11-17", be sure to hit the double ">>" button, after you look through pages 1-10.

Also, from the fine print...

"Qualifying purchase transaction must be made between 12:01 a.m (CT) 7/20/03 and 11:59 p.m. (CT) 8/9/03. Limit: 3 per title per customer. No dealers."

But since shipping is free, you can just get three for yourself, and have your neighbor get another three, and your coworker get another three -- at not extra shipping costs.

I think the restriction is 3 or more of any one title. This is to keep some dealer or wholesaler from exhausting the stock. I ordered 7 different titles with no problem. Some good stuff, and a super bargain indeed. Thanks for the tip!

Glad I could help a few people out. I picked up 4 myself:

Mulligan/Desmond - Two of a Mind (older version, unfortunately)

Paul Gonsalves - Ellingtonia Moods and Blues

Johnny Hodges/Wild Bill Davis - In Atlantic City

C-Jam All-Stars - Diminuendo, Crescendo and Blues

Sometimes working for a corporate monster does have its advantages! ;)

Thanks BUT . . .

When I tried to check out from this site, I became impossibly ensnared. Wouldn't accept my credit card number, asked for another number, entered a new number, kept reverting back to the first number, reentered new number again, wouldn't accept either as they has already been entered.

Checkout Time Elapsed: 50 min.

End Result: I gave up.

Thanks BUT . . .

When I tried to check out from this site, I became impossibly ensnared. Wouldn't accept my credit card number, asked for another number, entered a new number, kept reverting back to the first number, reentered new number again, wouldn't accept either as they has already been entered.

Checkout Time Elapsed: 50 min.

End Result: I gave up.

Were you trying to ship the CD's to an address different from your billing address? My order got cancelled because "my information couldn't be verified." I was trying to ship the CD's to my work address (which, strangely enough, is Best Buy Corporate Headquarters ;) ), but when I went back and reordered and tried to send everything to my billing address, then the order went through fine. Perhaps that was the problem?

The website is a little quirky, whatever the case. The website was totally redone a few weeks ago, and although it has some nice features, in typical Best Buy fashion it was put up before all the bugs were worked out.

Guest mary mcgoon

Vibes- thanks for the alert.

I had a lot of the same problems with the website, called customer service and ended up ordering over the phone. The phone guy was very helpful, I must say.

The C-jam All Stars and the Hodges / Davis are backordered. The Gonsalves should be showing up soon.

• 2 weeks later...