Your posters and photos

I have several photos that sheldonm took as well as a postcard of Lee Konitz and Miles Davis circa 1949, autographed by Lee, that sheldonm gave to me... quite happy with all of those! Plus a cool Rhino promotional poster for the Central Avenue Sounds box-set that has pictures of some of the clubs & their ads, a map of the Central Avenue district, etc. Have a couple neat prints of Hoagy Carmichael & Kirk Douglas from YOUNG MAN WITH A HORN and Hoagy with his kids...I'd really like to run down any posters or flyers that might still exist for the many jazz shows that the Bluebird in Bloomington hosted during the 1970s, when folks such as Mingus, Sun Ra, and Dexter Gordon made a habit of passing through.

One of my most cherished items is a signed photo of Von Freeman, made by a very nice gentleman who sometimes posts here under the name "sheldonm". Anybody heard of him? ;):)

vonfreeman.jpg

(thanks, mark!)

I've always admired this one too. Nice work, as usual, Mark.

I'm a big fan of Dan Grzeca's work...

Dan Grzeca gig posters

Also Noel Waggener...

Noel Waggener gig posters

I have more of their posters by far then I could ever display in my home...at least tastefully.

blake....I have a nice full size copy of Dan's Joe McPhee/Thing poster from their gig here in Indy late last year....cool artwork!

In my listening room I have an original Bill Gottlieb photo that he signed and sent me after I'd interviewed him on CJRT's "The Jazz Scene". It's that famous shot of Charlie Parker and Miles Davis with Max Roach in the background. I also have thirteen Paul Hoeffler originals: two Ellingtons, a Lester Young, a Billie Holiday, a Roy Eldridge, a Coleman Hawkins, two Art Blakeys, a Charles Mingus, a Sonny Rolllins, an Eric Dolphy, a Jimmy Rushing, and a Count Basie together with Lester Young, all black and white, as well as a large color shot of Buddy Tate. There's also a handsome poster with a gorgeous color drawing of Illinois Jacquet copied from a late 1940s photograph. Then there's the large Francis Wolf print of John Coltrane and, finally, Art Kane's Great Day in Harlem reproduction.

Do not have any originals but I do have a whole heap of the Wolff photos from a variety of sources framed around the house ( when I can get special permisssion from wifey!)

My best was a a collection of the postcards they did of some of his photos which I put together in groups of six and they are probably my favourite second to a few I have from calenders upstairs which I stuck 12 by 12 prints in, some were lp covers some were wolff prints

Not enough room in my house for more ....unless I take some of hers down, let me see if she will notice .... :excited:

I've got an assorted variety of posters and framed pics in my living room.

I still have yet to hang them all since the move.

Currently my walls are graced with....

Ben Webster, Coleman Hawkins, Coltrane, Dizzy, Bird, Max Roach, Erroll Garner, Ella, Benny Goodman, Count Basie, Sinatra, Johnny Hodges, Armstrong, Dexter Gordon, and the big 1958 Harlem poster.

My favorite though is a set of Columbia press photos of Ellington I bought a few years ago.

Various pictures of Duke with the entire band, plus Count Basie, Mahalia Jackson, Billy Strayhorn, Johnny Hodges,James Stewart and some of Duke alone.