Don Cheadle may play Miles Davis in biopic

I guess before we just hand the part over to Mr. Cheadle by acclamatioon, someone ought to make sure he can do the rasp. I've always thought that was a big part of the Miles mystique. IMO, if ya'll can't sound like him, I don't care how good an actor you are, you ain't Miles. Period, end of story.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be FANTASTIC!

On a related note, I (seriously) think that Eminem would be a natural to play Bix.

eminem.jpgbeiderbeckeb.jpg

Really???? :blink: Somehow, I just don't see Eminem having anywheres near the sensitivity to play him. He's too old now, but I could see Johnny Depp being able to pull it off....

I think it would be perfect. There's a close resemblance (see pics), not to mention that Bix WAS the Eminem of his day (white guy playing black music...serious attitude...)

Folks, before we get carried away, remember this is Vince 'The Producer' Wilborn talking, and he could be just blowing smoke or trying to get someone interested in the project. I'll believe it when someone actually signs on to do the movie.

Uh oh - another Cellar Door style fiasco in the make? ;)

You guys can laugh, but Vincent Wilburn just slipped me a cool million to write the screenplay for this biopic.

Only problem is, it seems they are in a hurry to get this flick started: I have to finish it over the week-end. Any ideas on how to put a novel twist on the Miles Davis story?

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

Any ideas on how to put a novel twist on the Miles Davis story?

Have Wynton, in a teary-eyed reconcilliation scene, produce Doo-Bop?

Followed by Stanley Grouch saying that he always loved electric Miles and he wants to get Albert Murray to listen with him.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...