Four Freshmen and Mildred Bailey Running Low!

By coincidence, at this moment I'm listening to the Four Freshmen's Love Lost, which is a good album, but not as good (IMO) as their previous ballad set called Voices in Love.

Both of these are included in the Mosaic box, which I highly recommend. I would have been first in line for the Mosaic box if I hadn't already purchased most of the material.

Wow, not that I doubted there were lots of Mildred Bailey fans, but that IS a lot of MB fans who forked over the big bucks for the set!

Well...

My guess is that this set is "timing out" rather than being "sold out". Didn't Mosaic have the number set at 10,000 for this set? There's no way in hell they sold nearly that many.

But, count me in as another who will be grabbing it before it disappears. I don't want soulstation to hit me with that Procrastinator cover!

Cheers,

Shane

The Four Freshmen is one Mosaic I can resist from buying!

The Bailey is a really really nice set. So glad I bought it years ago. It was available a long time. Time for some more twenties and thirties material sets!

Please bug Michael & Scott with many e-mails to release an Ethel Waters Columbia set, well, at least a Select along the lines of the Bechet. :):)

The Four Freshmen is one Mosaic I can resist from buying!

The Bailey is a really really nice set. So glad I bought it years ago. It was available a long time. Time for some more twenties and thirties material sets!

Please bug Michael & Scott with many e-mails to release an Ethel Waters Columbia set, well, at least a Select along the lines of the Bechet. :):)

An Ethel Waters Columbia Set???? That's a great idea!!!! :tup :tup

The only reason I don't have the Bailey set is that it is so expensive! If I can sell a car before this set goes OOP, I'll grab it for sure...

And those here so quick to brush off Ms. Bailey do so at their own peril! Especially if you only have heard one or 2 songs by her! Now, if you are one of those freaks here who doesn't like singin', then there is no hope for you, and you will go to hell anyway! :P

It's been mentioned before, but a good example of her maturation is on this wonderful cd(Not that Decca sides would be on the Mosaic set)

B000003N46.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

She wasn't as consistant as Billie, but at her best she was as every bit as good, IMO.

Check out the 2nd reviewer on amazon, he says it better than I can...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000003N4...v=glance&n=5174

Also of interest to someone not interested in this large set are the two cds that are available on "The Old Masters". . . . A lot of the music (not all) is in the Mosaic, the sound is really good on the cds, almost as good as the Mosaic. A great label, TOM. . . .

Scott Wenzel says one is in the works, though he didn't specify... but I doubt he meant the Berry. Hasn't that been pushed back to next year? The Boswell Sisters set is on hold as well, evidently.

• 2 weeks later...