Marc Meyers (aka Clifton)

I know some of you are familiar with Marc; he’s been most active as an Allaboutjazz.com contributor (reviews & articles) and BBS head moderator. What you may not know is how Marc suffers from a neurological condition that progressively wreaks havoc upon the man. On more than one occasion, Marc has explained that only two things have kept him going over the last few years-- the love of and for his family, and jazz.

Marc underwent surgery about 1-½ months ago. He also suffered a post-operative stroke (I don’t know the severity) and was in a coma for a time. Sorry to say I don’t have more details to pass along but according to Mike Ricci, it looks like Marc’s turned a corner and might even return home next month!

Mike posted a thread today asking for well-wishers’ thoughts. He’ll print the results and deliver them to Marc in rehab. Here’s a link to the thread if you’d like to contribute:

http://forums.allaboutjazz.com/showthread.php?t=13690

My best wishes for Marc and his family. He´s a very nice and reflexive jazz-loving guy.

I wish he will recover and will be back soon!

Though I´ve had a few interesting exchanges with him on and off the board, as I very seldom visit AAJBB lately, I didn´t know anything about his health getting worse.

• 4 months later...

Marc "Clifton" Meyers has passed away. RIP. His son Shaun posted the following message:

A very big sigh. The day the tube was removed, he was breathing on his own. Today, he was to be transfered to a nursing home, cause nothing else medical could be done for him at that point. He..passed away at 6:45pm on August 18th. It was due to congestive heart failure.

Edited by Noj