A request...

Jim Alfredson

So after dealing with some technical issues today (basically, I accidentally erased my calendar database for the main organissimo webpage, which means I have to put all those dates back in... oh well) I found out from tech support that my dedicated server does not have any sort of back-up in place. Which means if the server went down badly (harddisk failure, data corruption, etc.) we'd be doobied.

I try as much as I can to do weekly backups of the database, but sometimes I forget and as many posts as we have in a week, that probably isn't enough anyway.

So... long story short, my monthly costs for this joint just went from $100 to $150 for daily backups.

I hate to do this because I know how crappy things are (believe me... let's not talk about personal finances right now!) in this sluggish economy, but if y'all could spare some bread, I would appreciate it. The donations have dropped off massively. If only 100 people donated $5, that would keep us going for many months.

Paypal via the "Donate" button in the upper right or money order / check to me at the address on the homepage (click here). Obviously this isn't mandatory, but it would help. I'll even re-open the Sexy Album Covers thread.

;)

Thanks, y'all.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

I just sent you $25.00. I haven't pitched in before, so consider this my $5 with interest. I'd hate to see this board in jeopardy. I remember when the BN board went kaput and how it made me feel a little adrift. Hopefully, that won't happen again. I need tethering.

Up over and out.

Anonymous donations are more than welcome. I appreciate all the help and I have almost deleted this thread about 10 times because it seems inappropriate to me, but damn... $150 a month is a lot of money.

Don't delete the thread!!

We need to be reminded that there is a cost to keeping this forum.

Anonymous donations are more than welcome. I appreciate all the help and I have almost deleted this thread about 10 times because it seems inappropriate to me, but damn... $150 a month is a lot of money.

Don't delete the thread!!

We need to be reminded that there is a cost to keeping this forum.

Amen to that. Don't you dare delete this thread, Jim.

I've mostly been just lurking off and on for going on a month or so -- but I saw this thread earlier today, and immediately gave enough to cover 10 people at $5 each (since I hadn't given in a while).

This place ain't free to keep running, and Jim's time alone to keep the place up and running is MORE than worth the value of my contribution --- let alone his out-of-pocket expenses associated with paying for the "utilities" (which are now $1,800 per year, I might remind people). In that context, my $50 was mearly a drop in the bucket.

Thanks for starting this thread Jim. :tup

Edited by Rooster_Ties