A request...

Jim Alfredson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the address to send a check? The James Brothers address?

...am very new here, but i must support organisimo.

could you give your paypal address, please.

You can send money through PayPal by using the "donate" button at the top right-hand corner.

• 3 months later...

I would just like to thank neveronfriday for the idea of signing up for the CDUniverse and Amazon.com affiliate programs. Last month we cleared about $130 in payments between the two of them. My monthly server costs are $150, so that really really helps!

I know our European friends would like links added to the top search bar for their respective Amazons. If anyone who speaks German, French, etc. can help me set up the affiliate for that particular site, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

----Jim

I would just like to thank neveronfriday for the idea of signing up for the CDUniverse and Amazon.com affiliate programs. Last month we cleared about $130 in payments between the two of them. My monthly server costs are $150, so that really really helps!

I know our European friends would like links added to the top search bar for their respective Amazons. If anyone who speaks German, French, etc. can help me set up the affiliate for that particular site, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

----Jim

would be willing to help out with German sites Jim (and potentially choose jpc.de as well) so let me know if that's ok with you.

Cheers, Oliver

Thanks!

----Jim

Be glad to help - if I can -_- - with a link to Amazon.fr! A favorite site of mine!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

----Jim

Just saw this now & you're more than welcome.

I hope the money keeps coming in. If not, everyone needs to buy more ... or be reminded of the associate links more often ... like now ;)

If more money is needed, suggestion 2:

Several companies/dealers are making a ton of money from useres here. If you approach them directly, I'm sure you could sell some ad space (have a look at http://9rules com and their three advert spaces just below the main green menu (you could insert such a bar between the forums logo bar and the logged-in bar on this forum). There's money to be made that way. 9rules has clout and a well-defined target audience. So do you here. Companies might well be more than happy to actually advertise here. Try it!

Of course, Mosaic doesn't have to worry about advertising here, but they could (damn well ;) ) show some support by placing a regular ad here. If you don't make it too expensive, maybe they (and others) will go for it. Don't offer ad space too cheaply ... $75 and up should be the starting price for a site with such a faithful and large user base.

Between the associate income (which, I guess, varies quite a bit from month to month) and let's say three ads, you should be able to cover the server costs plus make a few bucks which you could invest into improvements whenever necessary or into stiff drinks before you have to deal with obnoxious spammers or users. :)

P.S.: I don't think the big O. should turn into ad space, but the links plus three well-designed ads would neither increase server load nor hurt the eyes all too much. And it's for a good cause.

If you are contemplating such a move, I could try to find out what the going rates are for a site with X-amount of unique/total hits per hour/day/week/month. Throw me a PM if help is needed.

Cheers!

Edited by neveronfriday

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to integrate an Organissimo referrer into Amazon links, just like there is with CD Universe (&frm=lk_organissimo). I would like to use it as a bookmark so to be sure Organissimo benefits from all my purchases.

This is the CD Universe link with integrated Organissimo referer, that you can bookmark:

http://www.cduniverse.com/default.asp?styl...=lk_organissimo

Amazon uses a "&tag=XXXX" string in the referrer URL, where XXXX is the code name of the affiliated site, but I don't know the code name for Organissimo

Edited by Claude

• 3 months later...

It has slowed down. Visitors using the links on CDUniverse have gone from the 400's to the low 100's. Our last check was for $27.24. I have not gotten another check from Amazon since August.

Hmmm I know I've bought quite a few things through the link to Amazon since August.