Looking for a Clarke, Foster & Turrentine.

Frank Foster - Manhattan Fever

Kenny Clarke - The Golden Eight

Stanley Turrentine - The Look of Love

I've search hi and low for these 3 session. No luck.

Isn't "Manhattan Fever" on the Frank Foster Connoisseur CD from a few years back (the 10 inch series)?

Also, BN Japan has that Kenny Clarke on their release schedule as a JRVG. Of course, when I visited Mosaic last month, I saw a copy of the TOCJ CD on Michael Cuscuna's desk. That gave me a hint that it might be on the "short list" for reissue. It is really nice, too.

Turrentine's "The Look of Love" can be found in cut-out bins on one of the horrid-sounding Applause bootlegs. It may be the only way to get this on CD... although I didn't like this session much to begin with so sound quality wasn't on my mind.

Later,

Kevin

Also, BN Japan has that Kenny Clarke on their release schedule as a JRVG. Of course, when I visited Mosaic last month, I saw a copy of the TOCJ CD on Michael Cuscuna's desk. That gave me a hint that it might be on the "short list" for reissue. It is really nice, too.

Hey Kev,

Did you happen notice anything else interesting on Michael's desk??? I'm not fishing for anything in particular, but I would love to hear about what Michael's listening to, that (like you said) might be on his list of things to possibly release stateside relatively soon.

I'd be curious to hear about the next batch of RVG's (after the one's this Fall), although I'm totally chompin' at the bit to hear about what might be in the next batch of Conns (meaning the one's after October, presumably next Summer sometime). After all, it's always the Conns that get me all fired up!! :g:party:

Thanks!! -- Rooster T.

Hey Kev,

Did you happen notice anything else interesting on Michael's desk???  I'm not fishing for anything in particular, but I would love to hear about what Michael's listening to, that (like you said) might be on his list of things to possibly release stateside relatively soon.

I'd be curious to hear about the next batch of RVG's (after the one's this Fall), although I'm totally chompin' at the bit to hear about what might be in the next batch of Conns (meaning the one's after October, presumably next Summer sometime).  After all, it's always the Conns that get me all fired up!!  :g  :party:

Thanks!!  --  Rooster T.

As I mentioned early on another thread (I think?), I am almost positive that Duke Pearson's "Sweet Honey Bee" will be in the next batch of RVGs... in fact, I'm almost positive it's "in the can". Also, when Michael mentioned Grant Green's "Going West", he said he didn't want to use the (limited edition) Connoisseur Series for this because he wanted it in print longer. I think he may have been implying that this might also be an RVG.

As for other things laying around his desk, I saw all the stuff for the upcoming selects and a whole bunch of vinyl of Mulligan's concert band stuff. I actually asked him about the Pearson but he asked me to wait until it was finalized.

Later,

Kevin

Hey Kev,

As I mentioned early on another thread (I think?), I am almost positive that Duke Pearson's "Sweet Honey Bee" will be in the next batch of RVGs... in fact, I'm almost positive it's "in the can". Also, when Michael mentioned Grant Green's "Going West", he said he didn't want to use the (limited edition) Connoisseur Series for this because he wanted it in print longer. I think he may have been implying that this might also be an RVG.

As for other things laying around his desk, I saw all the stuff for the upcoming selects and a whole bunch of vinyl of Mulligan's concert band stuff. I actually asked him about the Pearson but he asked me to wait until it was finalized.

Later,

Kevin

Great news there, Kevin. I've always wanted to delve into Pearson's stuff, but had never seen any around in stores.

Isn't "Manhattan Fever" on the Frank Foster Connoisseur CD from a few years back (the 10 inch series)?

Nope. It's a late-60s date w/Marvin Stamm, Garnett Brown, Richard Wyands, Bob Cranshaw, and Mickey Roker. It's a "good" record, nothing more. Or less.

Nope. It's a late-60s date w/Marvin Stamm, Garnett Brown, Richard Wyands, Bob Cranshaw, and Mickey Roker. It's a "good" record, nothing more. Or less.

Well I'll be... I guess that's another one to put on "the list". Count me in the Frank Foster fan club. One of my favorite CDs from the 90's was Foster's "Leo Rising" on Arabesque. It saddens me to see this CD is used/cut-out bins all over Boston with $5 price tags... they sit & sit. It's really a beautiful album.

Later,

Kevin